lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
cmar143
Gone Wild

Default Workhorse solenoid issues...doesnt start

I am trying to figure out an issue with a 2003 Workhorse that doesnt start. Does anyone have a link to a electrical schematic for this cart? I have never seen a solenoid where you touch both top poles and nothing happens. Battery is good, pedal box switch is good, fuse is good, solenoid is grounded and I am totally stumped on this one. Even if the solenoid is bad by touching both top posts should get starter turning and that doesnt even happen. There are also issues with the lights and dump on it so if anyone has a link to an electrical schematic I would be forever in debt
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Workhorse solenoid issues...doesnt start

Look here for manuals but sounds like a bad ground. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-gas-tech/
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
cmar143
Gone Wild

A bad ground is exactly what I thought being that would be the only thing preventing the starter turning over by touching both solenoid posts. I sanded the frame under one of the bolts holding the solenoid assembly in to get a better ground there but still nothing. There are so many ground wires to frame and they all look tight and in good shape.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Are you getting 12 volts to the starter when you have the key on and hit the pedal ? or when you jumper the solenoid ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
cmar143
Gone Wild

The starter is good...I ran a wire directly from battery to starter and got it to turn over. Battery is good because I load tested it. I have 12V to one post of the solenoid but I cant get it to click and open up. I have even tried jumping the solenoid but that doesnt get the starter to turn either and that has me scratching my head. All ground wires to the frame look fine but I cant pinpoint anything as certain. I think im just going to get a new solenoid and go from there.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you have 12volts at the solenoid,and the solenoid is clicking,it could still be bad,and not put out voltage to the other terminal.But..if jumping it doesn't power it up,you could have a bad cable from the solenoid to the starter.If you take a jumper-cable from the solenoid to the starter,it will tell you if that is the problem(hook the same clamps(red or black,doesn't matter).Hook a clamp to solenoid output side,and same color clamp to starter-stud.If this works,replace the cable.If the solenoid isn't clicking,see if one of the small terminals has voltage when you press the pedal.If not,start with the fuse,then check the wires at the pedal-switch for voltage and/or connection breaks.If you need a new solenoid,Either get a direct-replacement,or a snow-plow type Continuous-Duty solenoid.Do Not use a Automotive-Type StarterSolenoid,it will fry quickly.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO