lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
DPEEK27
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 EZGO wont start

After a long winter in the barn my EZGO gas cart will not start. I replaced the negative and positive battery connectors, ground cables to the engine, plugs, coil and today I put in a GM HEI module by using some tech tips I printed off this web site. I also adjusted the valves....all I get is no spark and a gas smell....having no fun! any suggestions??
DPEEK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1997 EZGO wont start

Should also have ground to frame. I would do a check of the plug wires making sure they are not corroded at the ends. Do a power test of all wires needed to get the ignition going. Limit switch and regulator testing. Maybe you are not opening up the system with the key. Just some thoughts of what I would do in your case
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
DPEEK27
Not Yet Wild

new cable to the frame, getting power....how do I test the pulser coil?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
DPEEK27
Not Yet Wild

just cleaned every connection, cable etc... tested the pulsar coil with a volt meter, it read .020 volts when cranking over. Put a spark tester on it, cranked it over and it lit up for a split second then went dead....Boy I hate this cart!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
DPEEK27
Not Yet Wild

help!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
wide'iwas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Check your pulsar coil quick disconnect plug...un plug a few times clean it or put conductive grease in plug and reconnect your have no signal going to coil that way its reading .02v it should be 12v

I do not know the ohms of the pulsar but turning engine by hand taking a reading when it passes it should change!!
wide'iwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
DPEEK27
Not Yet Wild

replaced pulsar coil cleaned pug....still no spark.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
DPEEK27
Not Yet Wild

Anything in the ignition switch or is there a switch in the gas pedal assembly that could be bad??
Old 08-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #9
dduffett
Not Yet Wild

sorry to hear. i have the same thing. get spark at plug right when i press gas pedal then as engine cranks no spark. i could not get any help on any forum for this. i did read every post i could find on the subject. most people say "change this and change that and ignitor is always the problem". i changed my ignitor and no change. i replaced my pulsar when i rebuilt the 1996 350cc robin this summer. i replaced external coil right before rebuild. now i am wondering if it is the pulsar (like the new one is bad). my next move is foot pedal micro switch then external coil again --then maybe put the old pulsar back on. I will keep you posted if i figure anything out. If you resolve yours please post solution if you dont mind.
dduffett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #10
dduffett
Not Yet Wild

to keep you updated while tracing similar problem on mine. Hope you have resolved problem or still working on it. Reply to this thread and let me know if you resolved or if you didn't. today i replaced solenoid and no change still spark at first then no spark. I am getting readings of 7.9 volts on the coil wire (red). I have a short somewhere. If i hook up the multimeter to coil wire the engine stops cranking. if i unhook the multimeter test lead it will crank and read 7.9 volts with connected it reads 7.9 with foot pedal down but it stops cranking. Weird s%&t. i am ordering foot pedal switch today.
dduffett is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO