lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
arsenalgtg
Getting Wild

Default Charged Battery - moved for about 2 minutes then dead.

Hi all, so ive had my buggy about 6 months now, as as ongoing project.

Went to move it into the workshop yesterday and it wouldn't fire. When looking underneath the starter didn't have enough uuumph so stuck the charger on it and it as all fine.

Ive gone to move it just now and it started fine, moved it about 10 metres in reverse, flicked it into forward and it continued to go in reverse. So I stopped instantly and went to go forward again and it wouldn't start in either forward or reverse.

when i put it in reverse, it has a very very faint reverse buzzer, which then gets loud as per normal. It then jumps between loud and quiet, with no systematic rhythm.

Any ideas from anyone what I should check first? my initial thoughts are the starter/Gen as its not turning at all??

Kind regards
arsenalgtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charged Battery - moved for about 2 minutes then dead.

first what year cart , now having reread your post im going to assume its a 2 stroke cart and your forward reverse switch or solenoid because it sounds like your missing voltage somewhere and it could either be the switch or the solenoid , i would check by jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver first with the rear wheels off the ground incase it decides to start that should rule out the f&r switch if you check it in both , being that you described the cart not going forward when put in forward after going in reverse the solenoid would have not disengauged for reverse causing the starter to have voltage running both directions and possibly cooking the starter but lets check the solenoids first as it sounds like you have one hung up
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
arsenalgtg
Getting Wild

OK will check shortly and get back to you.

Thanks for such a fast reply.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
arsenalgtg
Getting Wild

So I looked at all my connection etc, and took them all off, cleaned up and re attached, and it started fine. Im very confused??
Old 01-04-2014, 06:53 AM   #5
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you probably had a solenoid hang up , it should be fine until it happens again which could be never , just think about getting one just in case and remember you need a continious duty one , not an automotive one
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO