lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
BruceHarless
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default bore size 1989 marathon

I mentioned this in another thread, but probably needs this new title...

Anyone know the original "standard" bore size for a 1989 2-cycle engine? The one I have now is 2.842", and the piston is 2.822". Is this the stock size? I'm trying to determine what size new piston to buy, so need a starting point to determine whether to go 25mm over, or even 50 over, and what to bore the cylinder to.

Found an example in the manual for 4-cyl engines for what I think is the standard bore size of 2.8357" , but that does not automatically mean it is right for the 2-cycle engine.

Thanks
Bruce (1989 Marathon)
BruceHarless is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
ezgo pusher
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: bore size 1989 marathon

this is for a marathon 1985 it may be the same not sure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pistons.jpg (80.4 KB, 0 views)
ezgo pusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
BruceHarless
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That precisely matches the measurements of mine, so it HAS to be correct. Thank you very much.

I notice that you have the oil injection off. What mixture oil do you use in your engine? I obviously need to abandon trying to depend on that oiler.
Bruce
BruceHarless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
ezgo pusher
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

i just took it off this week but i was told by a ezgo repairman to mix it 1-1/2 oz per gallon
and if if smokes then go to 1 oz per gallon. and not that i didn't believe him i look at all other post and that was what they mostly have said. and it was simple to remove just make sure that you plug up the hose at the top of the intake manifold i just put in another metric screw and used one of the aluminum washer that was there at the banjo bolt.
ezgo pusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO