lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
goldwinger
Gone Wild

Default 4 inch lift kit

has anyone on this site made a homemade 4 inch lift kit that will fit my 1980 marathon.they look simple to build. I just can't see spending $100 on the kits online when I have the equipment to build my own.all I need is the measurments on the bolt pattern
goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2014, 05:54 AM   #2
hucklburry
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4 inch lift kit

I could build one as well, but for $85 delivered off ebay I bought the cheap kit for mine, as I don't have the time. It showed up Thursday, I got home early from work yesterday, started at about 330pm and was driving it by 630pm.

after and before

hucklburry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice ride
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Some things my time is worth more than the cost of the item.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #5
hucklburry
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

totally understand, I am rehabbing the house next door (foreclosure I bought to become a rental) and repaired my house and putting on a new 8'x40' deck, plus deer season is coming (cart duties!!) and I spent a day there putting up blinds.

The front suspension mount to the springs, 4 bolts and the top plate comes off, that will give you the front bolt patter. Same in the rear.

take the tires off, its easy! At that point you have the bolt patterns you need, just decide how you want to make the blocks.

The kit I bought has 4" C shaped pieces for shock extenders. The front shocks, it bolts at the bottom, rear shocks it bolts to the top, and the shocks then bolt back into it. The C has holes top and bottom, its more squared off than a C.

Hope that helps, can't get pics right now.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
newanimal
Not Yet Wild

Hucklburry, just wondering what how much lift you did and what size wheel and tire you you swapped to. It's amazing how these things transform the looks from a boring golf cart into another animal altogether.
newanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:58 AM   #7
hucklburry
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thats an incredibly cheap 4" block lift and 22" tires front and rear.

I scored the tires, never been mounted on a cart, for $100 total, brand new, off CL. That sorta forced the lift need, and I went cheap on that.

It was a good looking cart before, and your right, it is really pretty cool now, especially for the money I put in it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO