lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New guy looking to buy a used cart-opinions

Hey guys been reading stuff and trying to absorb info but then when I think I know something its wrong or I just get confused..anyways need some help.
Looking at CC and Ezgo
48v setups
2000 and newer
prefer 4 seater but will go for 2-convert later
2k price range
Looking for something that does 17-20mph stock if thats possible.

I test drove a 2012 Ezgo txt pds 48v and it moved pretty nice but was 3k, not sure on top speed, batteries were from 2015.

2010 ezgo pds 48v, 2 seater, guess is an off lease or course sold it. Has 6-8 volt US 8VGC XC batteries. Guy did a gps speed run and said it was 13mph. I thought stock ones were faster? He did say it was not fully charged and not unlocked or upgraded. $1800. Was going to add the rear seat.

2004 Ezgo freedom series txt, 4 seater, 6-?-Duracell procell batteries, not sure yet if its 36v or 48v, a little rougher then one above and asking $1900. Didn't see it yet. Was going to talk em down to $1600 or so.

2008- Ezgo lifted 48v setup into a 36v motor, 3 year old trojans, guess a bunch of other stuff, guy says it does 38mph. Nice body, 4 seater, $2200.

My other question is what should a stock cart 36v and 48v run? I searched and get different things.

Was also looking at CC but this is the ezgo forum.

Any help is much appreciated thank you all!
surferd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: New guy looking to buy a used cart-opinions

13 is an average stock cart speed unless its been tinkered with. Club car vs ezgo is chevy vs ford pretty much. the biggest question to help us help you is , What are you going to do with it ...
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #3
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I was gonna put that in my first post. Just running around the neighborhood. Take it to the pool and mailbox. The $2200, 1998 cart is fully street legal. Im not too worried about being in the neighborhood with it street legal or not. Im also thinking of resale down the road.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

19mph is the industry standard for "PTVs" (personal transport vehicle), the fastest offered on "Golf cart" models from the factory (many dealers do mods to make them faster, im talking "as delivered from the factory"). Ezgo calls them "Freedom" models, usually with a slightly different sticker on the body stating "Freedom". The factory 48v Ezgo TXT is fairly cheap to unlock for 19mph if it is not that fast. But it does not increase torque, only top speed. None of the stock Club cars or Ezgo TXTs will be even close to top speed on any hills with 4 people on board. The Ezgo RXV will be closest to top speed when 4 people are on it (but that newer model may not fit your desired price range). If you are serious about using it with 4 people on board often, be weary of carts that go faster than 20mph for two reasons. One is safety, thats pretty fast for a cart with 4 on board. Two, that cart probably has high speed gears installed, which kill torque on any inclines at all when fully loaded (think slowing more than 10mph on any incline).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:17 PM   #5
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Looked at the $1900 2004 Ezgo txt cart. Frame and body in great shape, batteries from 2014 but its a 36v setup..bummer. Steering was all off, they mounted two new tires on the same side of the cart so it rode uneven, gpsed at 12 to 13 mph, spike 15mph. They were kind of firm on price so I passed.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:45 AM   #6
Helirich
Gone Wild

I would say you probably need up size your budget or down grade your proformance standards. Around here a basic 48V cart goes for at least $2400. I looked for about six months and that was the best I found. Most 48V were upwards of $4000. You can buy a decent 36V with good batteries for less than $2000, but it will not go 19 mph.

I ended up buying the later and upgrading to 48V. Now I have over $3000 in mine.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:51 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ezgo PDS 36v will go 19 mph on stock electronics with a $5 OEM chip.
It's hands-down the best bet for NEV application, and about $500 gets it to 24 mph on stock tires with 35% more torque...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:58 AM   #8
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Going today to look at the 48v PDS, 2010. Its $1800 and I can add the chip for more speed. Can this also be made to go 24 with a $500 add on?
Old 04-09-2016, 07:07 AM   #9
Helirich
Gone Wild

Sounds good. I would have bought that when I was looking. I think you could get the speed you want also.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #10
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Ill let you know how it goes!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO