lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Alexander2702
Not Yet Wild

Default 3 wheel dually cart

I am wanting to convert my 1980's Ez Go 3 wheel cart into a dually for more stability. Does anyone know where I can buy a 4 lug dually wheel adapter for this cart. I can find 5 lug and up, and I can find regular spacers but nothing that will push it out far enough to connect the other wheel. I would rather order something, if it is reasonable, instead of trying to build a spacer even though I know it can be done. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Alexander2702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 3 wheel dually cart

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ar-wheels.html
Old 04-12-2016, 02:12 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That could present a problem. Steering. 4 rear tires wanting to go straight forward, and one single front tire trying to make a change left or right. Similar problem occurs with Ezgo Rxv. It has posi in back. In dirt, it wants to go straight more than it wants to turn. More weight in rear gives them more strength to go straight, lighter front end has to fight rear wheels to steer left or right. I understand you likely dont have posi, but each set of rear tires (left set & right set) grip force wants to continue the straight line its currently traveling (just ask some dually truck owners about tire wear & rotations the outer dually tire wears different than the inner dually tire on each side). I may not be describing it the most understandable way possible, but its gonna be tough for one single front tire with little weight on it to force 4 rear tires with majority of weight on them to go a different direction than its currently going.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #4
Helirich
Gone Wild

I have posi in the rear. The only time mine wants to go straight (while turning) is when I nail the throttle. I have two extra batteries and a flip seat in the rear, so it gets kind of light up front when I hit the throttle hard. But the rest of the time, it's fine. If the OP doesn't have posi, I think he'll be fine.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO