lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #11
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Passkey for 48v-gauging interest for cheap speed.

Yes both txt and RXV. 48v systems only.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Both could be turned up a little more to 19.5mph with the handheld programmer once unlocked. This is with stock 18" tires, bigger tires gets more speed. And surfred15 is making a little profit at this price point, as the price breakdown should be about $35 a cart based on the price of the 20 car Passkey, but im not saying profit is a dirty word, just saying this is not a "charitable service to the community". Also, he has no way of knowing how many unlocks are used until its used up, when all 20 are gone. Im not "outing" anyones wholesale price either, anyone could lookup the retail price of the passkey.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #13
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I paid $714 with tax and shipping. No secret there. I rather pay $70 then $200 like my nearest dealer wanted.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

I agree, as easy a job it is. The only reason to get someone to do it is getting the handheld programmer on it for that last little bit of speed.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #15
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So how is this working? Are you shipping controllers to surfer or are you mailing the key to people?
Old 04-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #16
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Im shipping the key. Takes a min or less to do.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #17
Mccoy38
Not Yet Wild

I would be interested in this possibly, I just purchased a 2013 RXV used. It is 12mph, I assume it is in fleet mode and I need passkey to unlock it. Still learning. Great site. Emailed local dealer but have not heard back due to weekend.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:47 PM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

Just plug Passkey into cart diagnostic port. Then turn key on, 2 beeps means it is now unlocked and one use was consumed, 1 beep means it was already unlocked, or data communication error (no uses consumed). After beeps, turn key off, remove Passkey, and (i have needed to do this sometimes) cycle the tow/run switch.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:45 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Surfer the only downside is that once it is unlocked you still have to get to a programmer to get full speed available. To some that may require going to a dealer who will charge them anyway. I own the programmer so in my case I just needed mine unlocked.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:35 AM   #20
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Surfer the only downside is that once it is unlocked you still have to get to a programmer to get full speed available. To some that may require going to a dealer who will charge them anyway. I own the programmer so in my case I just needed mine unlocked.
Yes they will if they want but theres three benefits to this: One: having a dealer connect and unlock is cheaper then when freedom mode is already unlocked. And a passkey must be used.
Two: I hit 19 mph why go to a dealer and have them connect for . 5 to 1 more mph?? I see no point.
Three: Do this at home in a min. No dealers to call, trailer to rent, if you dont own one. I dont. Cost savings

This thread is getting filled and ppl are gonna get confused. Any interests pm or questions. You dont need a dealer to go faster. Again this brings 48v TXT to 18. 5 and RXV to 17. 5. Mine hit 19 with stock tires and good US batteries. If you want the extra speed you can go to the dealer after for that little extra BUT you need the passkey to unlock that option for the dealer.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO