lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #21
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersprint View Post
First remove everything including the plates on each side of the battery tray (weight is the enemy) and then created a template for the new floor
I did as you did. I left the center braces and old tie down tabs in place. I used 1/2" HDPE for the platform and bolted it down to the perimeter tray angle iron. I am not sure what you meant by "side plates." There is a small tray on the driver side outside the battery tray. I have a plastic box there now to store the pack and aux batt chargers. Something else I did was to remove the old charger port in the seat and replace it with one of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It covers the old hole perfectly. It is mounted to a plastic outlet box on the inside. I riveted another plastic out box to it back to back and put in a 115v duplex outlet. So now I just plug in a regular extension cord to the outside plug and have two outlets inside for my chargers. The male outlet is deeper than the box so I drilled a 2" holes in the back of each of the outlet boxes which makes wiring to the outlet simple.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #22
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I go in the mud a lot and I thought that they would just fill up especially on the right side where the plate is upside down.

I lag bolted a couple of 2x6's across the battery tray from the bottom and then the floor is screwed down to those to secure it in place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170521_182627.jpg (99.0 KB, 0 views)
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:20 AM   #23
hawmarine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Could you talk about what went into assembling the pack? All over EV battery centers website it talks about this is a DIY kit, you have to assemble etc..... Could someone with average knowledge do this without electrocuting them self. Im ready to pull the trigger on the 52v, 3200Wh DIY pack but im hesitant because I cant find any info on assembling the pack and such.
hawmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:48 AM   #24
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm going to try and post a couple pdf's that Nick from EV Batteries sent me and then my comments may make more sense. Stand By
Old 06-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #25
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Take a look at these
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMS - DIY 1P 2P (2).pdf (1.04 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf BMS - SDT14S MANUAL.pdf (1.72 MB, 0 views)
Old 06-08-2017, 12:36 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I thought most of the guys here were buying pre assembled packs?

Customers have told me they received packs with an SB50 plug, ready to plug in and go
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #27
Alex Faught
Gone Wild

Cushman

Sb50? That is a little inadequate for the power that runs through it. Sb50 is also only made to accept 8g wire.
Alex Faught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #28
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Just got and assembled mine yesterday. Not a lot of detail in the assembly pdf's that they sent- they assume that you know positive goes to negative when mounting the bus bar (you should, but as a diy kit this should be expressed) Doesn't include some stuff like crimp connectors to wire up the BMS. Wiring diagram is a little unclear too.
This is the 7 cell DIY kit 58.8v 60ah kit. 32kwh. Saves about $250 as opposed to buying assembled.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #29
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Faught View Post
Sb50? That is a little inadequate for the power that runs through it. Sb50 is also only made to accept 8g wire.
You need to go to the EVbatterycenter website and check out the specs. The assembled ones come with a 50amp charger plug and a 175amp power output plug.

Here is how small the little pack is. Red plug is the SB 175 Anderson and at the base of it is a grey SB 50 Anderson.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lithpakinstalled.JPG (59.6 KB, 0 views)
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #30
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The charger I ordered from EV Batteries came with the SB50 but I did not use it since I had already installed Anderson 45a plugs when I installed the Quick charger I originally had.

I thought the pdf that Nick sent me and I posted here earlier was very clear on the proper order to place the packs and where the bus bars went, my kit also came with all the ends I needed to wire the harness for the BMS except in my case with the 14 modules the last few wires were to short so I just soldered on wires that were cut off from the first few connections, this worked out just fine. Since the bus bars seemed a little light to me I ordered an extra set and doubled them up. The little bus bars for connecting the center taps would not line up with the bolt holes so I used a paper punch to fix the holes and they were a lot cleaner than the original holes.

Tags
lithium, lithium batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO