lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #1
jcanup
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 2012 Ezgo Rxv is not responding after charging

I just purchased a 2012 Ezgo RXV 48volt today 7/6/17. While testing it out, the cart ran perfect. I unload it from the trailer and drove it for maybe five minutes. I decided to charge it completely, so I would know the batteries were completely charged. The charger worked fine at that point. Green Light flashed on charger and on cart. After waiting 30 minutes, I checked on it and the charger was flashing green longer, so I just decided to take it for a spin. After I unplugged the charger, the cart would not do anything. No sound in reverse. I mean nothing. I tested that batteries and it said around 50 volts. I plugged in the charger and now it is not working. No red lights on charger or anything. I even checked the power supply from the receptacle. It is like the charger killed it. The only other variable is that I switched the tow switch on than back to run. That is all I did. Trojan batteries; supposedly new in 2015. I checked for loose wires and connections.

Last edited by jcanup; 07-06-2017 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: Wrong date purchased
jcanup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2012 Ezgo Rxv is not responding after charging

The charge port does have a circuit board inside, and it has a fuse. Problem is, it's all encased inside a rubber like substance preventing you from getting in. Check the battery cables real good. Check if battery gauge reacts (if present). Any unlock in neutral with tow/run in tow? Any solenoid click? Any lights? Any response whatsoever?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:01 AM   #3
jcanup
Not Yet Wild

It does stay locked up in tow while neutral. I have not figured out how to make it free yet. Just learned about switching the harnesses under the tow switch but have not tried it yet. I checked the tow switch and all wires appear to be snug. As far as the solenoid, it is not clicking when I turn key and even pushed on accelerator. But the whole cart is not responding. No lights are installed. The reverse tone is not even working. I voltmeter to the solenoid and I think it is getting power to it. I tapped on it and nothing. It has no battery gauge. Do I need to cut into that plastic where the fuse is? Why in the world is the charger not even responding now?

Last edited by jcanup; 07-07-2017 at 02:02 AM.. Reason: Clarification on lights
Old 07-07-2017, 05:14 AM   #4
jcanup
Not Yet Wild

As far as the unlock in tow, I was able to switch those plugs under the tow switch #3 to #1 and it unlocked it. Still having all the same issues.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO