lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2017, 08:47 PM   #1
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Pros and Cons - Car tires

I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I'm running a 6" long travel and have a set of 14" wheels i want to put less than 23" tires on. Currently have 12" wheels with 23" mid tires. Want one set for road and one for off road.

That being said, has anyone ever mount actual car tires to their cart? What pros and cons? Can't seem to find any 21 or 22" for 14s, other than 205/40/14 (roughly 20.4") and 23x10x14 in cart tire manufacturers
Coleocole is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pros and Cons - Car tires

if you are actually looking for DOT/Car tires......just use something like tirerack.com or discounttire.com......then search by tire sizes.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #3
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The only real con is just that they aren't anywhere near as wide as a regular turf type tire.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #4
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I've found actual car tires I wouldn't mind ordering for street (dot). Just never seen anyone using car tires. Not worried so much about width as it's going to be on asphalt. Most everything is going to be 185mm, and 20mm difference to 205s is less than an inch total. Thanks
Old 07-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If it's only used on paved roads, wouldn't that be a "pro", as far as rolling resistance? I understand it probably wouldn't be good if you actually played golf.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Oops, you leap-frogged me.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #7
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That's ok yurtle. Can you send me a message? Want to know how that raptor motor works for you
Old 07-11-2017, 11:52 PM   #8
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I will say that the other day I seen a cart with regular tires in the front, and what appeard to be a 12 inch trailer wheel with whatever size tire a trailer uses on the back. It was a bit comical. I guess he did that for extra speed on flat ground.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:16 AM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I'm also in the market for a set of DOT street tires/wheels for my Bandolero project car. I'm not a fan of low profile tires, so I don't want "rubber bands" on huge rims. However, options are limited where I live. Wal-Mart no longer sells tires for 12" and 13" wheels, unless you're looking for trailer tires. I have a set of trailer wheels/tires on it now, to be able to move it around. On the front they are 4.80 X 12, and on the rear they are 5.30 X 12. I would like a tire about 8" wide. which looks to be a 205. According to the math, to get an outer diameter of 22 - 23" on a 12" wheel, I would need to use a 60 size sidewall. So if I can find a 12" wheel design that I like (needs to be light weight but strong enough), I'm looking for a DOT tire, with low rolling resistance, in a 205/65-12. I prefer radial tires for traction/handling, but that is not an absolute requirement. Trailer tires leave a lot to be desired. LOL

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:36 AM   #10
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleocole View Post
I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I'm running a 6" long travel and have a set of 14" wheels i want to put less than 23" tires on. Currently have 12" wheels with 23" mid tires. Want one set for road and one for off road.

That being said, has anyone ever mount actual car tires to their cart? What pros and cons? Can't seem to find any 21 or 22" for 14s, other than 205/40/14 (roughly 20.4") and 23x10x14 in cart tire manufacturers
225/40-14 (21"tall) cart tires with street tread are available. Check the site sponsor Jason's. Link is on the sponsor page.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO