lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2017, 11:10 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 EZGO RXV Stall/Locks Up under Heavy Load

I always flip the switch to "maintenance" or "tow" before I switch the key on all models of RXV when I'm trying to unlock it. That's the surefire method. Their switch isn't always unifomly labeled as "tow/run" like Yamaha is. The "maintenance" position is not "everything all off" like other carts, and the controller will still lock everything up if you exceed a certain speed while towing, I think it's 15 mph. All I'm saying is that the "off" position doesn't really equal "totally off" for an rxv.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #12
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wheels, cgtech is an expert on these things. He'll get you fixed up. I was just curious about the hill you're stalling out on and the load you were carrying. How many people and/or how much gear were you carrying? Is the hill one you were previously able to get up? Other carts similarly loaded making the hill? I know I've read that the rxv is supposed to have tremendous torque compared to txt, etc.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:42 PM   #13
Muren0113
Not Yet Wild

Check to see if your speed sensor wire off your motor is pulled tight from the harness. Ive seen many ezgos with your concern where the harness is pulling on the speed sensor and when you turn or go up a hill the cart flexes enough to break the connection and the cart will shut down.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Muren0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:03 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hmm, still no answers back from OP.... This is kinda dead till we get more info.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO