lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #11
firemanJBI
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Member needs a hand

I havent checked to water levels in a few months at least, so I will but last time they were good.

The 6-7V was with a volt meter checking each battery individually.
firemanJBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #12
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you havent been charging them, then there properly still were they were .

but if they are low , theres some things to know ....
Batteries excessively low on water can over heat during a charging cycle and start a fire! ........ but Hey' your a fireman
(Charging Section)
The only time you should add water "BEFORE CHARGING" is if the lead plates are exposed. Only then just fill to about a 1/8" above the plates.
Do not ever let the plates get exposed to air.( Low on water) This will corrode the plates and damage the battery. Only after they are fully charged then Add water until the electrolyte (water) level is 1/4″ below the bottom end of the fill well as stated below
Only add water "AFTER CHARGING" if they are low.
Add water until the electrolyte (water) level is 1/4″ below the bottom end of the fill well. A strip of rubber can be used safely as a dipstick to help determine this level
The electrolyte (water) level grows in volume as the State of Charge (SoC) increases and if it covers the vertical slots in the side of the fill wells it will overflow.
Check the water level at least once a month, more often if you charge frequently / unless there NEW BATTERIES , then see below charging BRAND NEW batteries instructions below
EZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #13
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

1 or 2 bad batteries will make these carts do strange things. You need to load test them individually somehow. Harbor freight has a load tester for $20 that works great. Well worth the money. Everything you describe points to one or more bad battery.
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #14
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
I havent checked to water levels in a few months at least, so I will but last time they were good.

The 6-7V was with a volt meter checking each battery individually.
JBI, fellow fireman here, but unfortunately no expert on carts. However, I do read this forum a lot and try to pass on stuff I’ve consistently read from the experts. Hopefully, occasionally I even get it right. Haha. Anyway, I know you posted some numbers earlier from a pack test and later said that each battery was 6-7 volts. I’d suggest that you post those numbers to the hundredths. If you look at the chart that is in the information EZHO posted, you’ll notice what a difference it makes in the SOC of a battery, or entire pack.

You may want to kinda start at the beginning again and clean/check all terminals and connections. Then redo the battery tests again, and compare with that chart.

Good luck and stay safe
Justin

EZHO, would it be possible to get a copy of that folder you put together? Could you send it through the messaging system here?

Thanks
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:21 PM   #15
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just Tried ... it wouldn't send .
The text that you have entered is too long (24169 characters). Please shorten it to 5000 characters long.
if your comfortable sending me PM with a E-Mail address I'll Try that ,
or is there just a section in particular your interested in
Checking ,charging, cleaning, Watering, storage, battery spec's. ?
EZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #16
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I’ll pm you. If you can send the whole thing, that’d be awesome.

Thanks
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:11 PM   #17
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
1 or 2 bad batteries will make these carts do strange things. You need to load test them individually somehow. Harbor freight has a load tester for $20 that works great. Well worth the money. Everything you describe points to one or more bad battery.
The best load tester for golf cart batteries is a volt meter and the accelerated pedal. Those car battery testers are not very accurate with golf cart batteries. He initially stated that it dropped to 30v when he accelerated tells me there is a battery problem, or cable problem. Probably battery. They can fail all of sudden.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:18 PM   #18
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New Member needs a hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
The best load tester for golf cart batteries is a volt meter and the accelerated pedal. Those car battery testers are not very accurate with golf cart batteries. He initially stated that it dropped to 30v when he accelerated tells me there is a battery problem, or cable problem. Probably battery. They can fail all of sudden.

I hear ya man the meter method works fine. Someone had already mentioned that so I was just throwing another option in there. I’ve been able to fix a few carts that people thought needed new controllers etc just by load testing and finding one bad battery in the pack. Not sure what kind of load tester you’ve used but it’s obvious with mine when i find a bad battery.
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #19
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
I hear ya man the meter method works fine. Someone had already mentioned that so I was just throwing another option in there. I’ve been able to fix a few carts that people thought needed new controllers etc just by load testing and finding one bad battery in the pack. Not sure what kind of load tester you’ve used but it’s obvious with mine when i find a bad battery.
Just saying those are designed to work with automotive batteries which don't produce the amps that golf cart batteries do. I have the same tester that you're talking about, I prefer to attach my dvm to the pack or individual battery and drive the cart and see how much the voltage drops under the actual load that they are under normally. Those small testers put nowhere near that amount of load. It may work sometimes, but you could actually have a bad golf cart battery check good because it doesn't put a large enough load on it. Just my opinion though.

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:15 AM   #20
net
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Just saying those are designed to work with automotive batteries which don't produce the amps that golf cart batteries do. I have the same tester that you're talking about, I prefer to attach my dvm to the pack or individual battery and drive the cart and see how much the voltage drops under the actual load that they are under normally. Those small testers put nowhere near that amount of load. It may work sometimes, but you could actually have a bad golf cart battery check good because it doesn't put a large enough load on it. Just my opinion though.

Chek those batteries in the mexicab way.
Put ur voltmiter each main side positive an negativ.
Step on the brake now slowly depress the gas. Your volmiter has to hold it in 36 no less.
Other way. plug the charger and tellme how much voltage is the car getting from the charger.
Let now

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk
net is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez-go txt wont move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO