lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #21
kpauley
Gone Wild

Default Re: What do I need to know about an MPT?

I took the cart. All of the batteries were had manufacture dates of July 8, 2016. Same date on all of them and all pretty darn close voltage wise. He had done some work cleaning up the cart, so paint was fresh but all looked really good. I was pretty sold on getting a cart like this, a good fit for us so I thought I’d take the chance. He had another set of wheels with the tires on it I was going to go out and buy that he threw in as well so that saves me a few hundred bucks. Got it home and ran it with our trailer to spread some manure and it did it with no problem. Seemed way better than our current cart. Hoping it holds up well!
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #22
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Congratulations on a good deal!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:02 AM   #23
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Cheap Chinese 6 Amp charger. Cannot really provide enough current to stir up the electrolyte well to prevent stratification. Your DPI is a better choice.
I am in total agreement with Bob. The 6 amp charger is very under sized ... you will need something in the 20 amp range to charge and maintain your 48 volt battery pack. Nice looking work cart .
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:20 AM   #24
kpauley
Gone Wild

I’m ordering a new charger. Just need to figure out with Scotty if his new chargers have the connector I need or not. If not I’ll get a DPI. Batteries might be sketchy so I want to do everything I can to treat them right and a proper charger is the right thing to do. I’m happy overall, it is a very nice upgrade.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #25
kpauley
Gone Wild

New DPI charger ordered. They don't have the notched / square connector on the Yewey.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO