lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Default Clarafication on full charge

The new US batteries have been charged 7 times and 'seat of the pants' tells me they are getting better each time. I have a question about the 50.93V of full charge. I assume that is after removing surface charge. After unplugging I regularly get reading of 51++V. To back out 10' I still will read 51+V. If I run it 10 sec it will usually read 50.6-50.7V.

Should it eventually build to the desired 50.93V with more charges, or should it be there now, OR ..... is that desired reading BEFORE running it 10 seconds?
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clarafication on full charge

The pack should sit for 12-24 hours unused to settle to the voltage it can actually retain. This is when the mature healthy pack should read 50.9v
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
-snip-
Should it eventually build to the desired 50.93V with more charges, or should it be there now, OR ..... is that desired reading BEFORE running it 10 seconds?
You may see more increase in full voltage.

As soon as you start running it, you will usually drop a 10/th or 2. Even after driving a while and stopping, it will take a few minuted to come back up and settle out.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
BigOL3
Gone Wild

This morning when it read 51++V BEFORE being moved, it had been sitting 12-13hrs after completing charge. I assumed that it still must have some type of surface charge since it dropped so fast down to 50.6 after running only about 10 seconds.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
This morning when it read 51++V BEFORE being moved, it had been sitting 12-13hrs after completing charge. I assumed that it still must have some type of surface charge since it dropped so fast down to 50.6 after running only about 10 seconds.
Did the charge bounce back up after the 10 second use?

I will tell you this, since I've upgraded to lithium I have a voltage indicator on the BMS monitor and I have a separate digital meter that was installed a few years back.

The digital meter usually shows .1-V less than the monitor. (IE: Monitor = 56.9 and the digital = 56.8 )

After reading many post and info on this, the difference is likely the wiring for the digital. More resistance from point of read to the meter.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
-snip-

The digital meter usually shows .1-V less than the monitor. (IE: Monitor = 56.9 and the digital = 56.8 )

After reading many post and info on this, the difference is likely the wiring for the digital. More resistance from point of read to the meter.

FWIW
That is closer than many I know off.....
Old 12-20-2018, 12:33 AM   #7
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Did the charge bounce back up after the 10 second use?

I will tell you this, since I've upgraded to lithium I have a voltage indicator on the BMS monitor and I have a separate digital meter that was installed a few years back.

FWIW
After the 10 sec run, it was 50.6V, I held connection and in a few sec it went to 50.7V
Old 12-20-2018, 02:47 AM   #8
rib33024

There is two SOC charts. The US batteries charge a little higher than most all other batteries. The first chart is for US batteries. And the bottom chart is for all other batteries

Fully charged US batteries after 12 hours rest, after a full charge is 51.3.

Most all other charged batteries after 12 hours rest, after a full charge is 50.92

us-battery-soc-table.

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:00 AM   #9
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just did a check on mine (48V, US Battery, 6x8V) which had been sitting for more than 12 hours and they are at 51.9V

Looking back at my spreadsheet of recordings that is the best I have had since I got them exactly two years ago.

If you look after them they will get better.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:03 AM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
-snip-
If you look after them they will get better.
And last a LONG time!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car