lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Repower System Electric to Gas *Boulder Engines*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Engines View Post
Currently the re-power kit will only work with new Precedents 2008 and up due to the offset issue in the axle tubes as mentioned. A newer axle swap into an older Precedent will work (have done it at a dealer’s shop) but unless you had one laying around it’s hard to justify the extra cost.

I have never tried it in a DS chassis, but just from rough measurements it looks promising. Originally when developing the re-power system all the dealers consulted said DS cars are long gone and no longer supported, so they have never been considered. However, now I see the dealers are incorrect, still tons of DS cars around.

I understand. For the most part what you have been told is true. My shop is located in Evans, GA. Just about 2.5 miles from Club Car’s main manufacturing facility. There aren’t any DS cars left. Several of the residents still own them, but now that they are no longer being traded in from golf fleets they really are non existent in the retail market around here. I liked the DS car but it’s just not cost effective for me to build them anymore when I have all the Precedent parts at my disposal and zero used DS parts. Lots of new DS parts have skyrocketed in price since the discontinuation of the car as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #12
Boulder Engines
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I’d be interested in the larger engine as well. People ask for stuff like this all the time. I’m not doubting the power of the 150cc engine, but when late model Precedents have a 350cc engine in them, it may be a hard sale. I’d like to see one in action though. Again, not doubting the performance, I just know how people think.
I really think if someone drives it they will understand, because the engine is throttled, not governed like normal golf cars and has double the usable rpm range. Basically, the same as a car you drive daily, this gives a more connected driving experience, as the throttle is applied the engine responses. This also helps the engine to have similar performance as a much larger displacement governed engine.

However, it’s not comparable to a big block swap and never will be. The idea was not performance, rather quiet, longevity, simple, low cost of ownership with similar performance as a stock gas car. But on several occasions, we have drag raced new 2018 Onwards and the stock re-power car jumps out by a nose and maintains this lead all the way to top speed.

I attached a couple pictures of the emission certification testing to give a little more background. (Also in the Announcements section)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dyno.jpg (114.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dyno 5.jpg (112.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Emissions Data.jpg (164.1 KB, 0 views)
Boulder Engines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:22 AM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I think there are plenty of options for engine swaps/ big blocks for DS carts that can probably be done in the same price range as this, just not in a pre-assembled kit.

From a demand standpoint, I don't think alot of DS owners would go for something like this. Most will want much better than stock performance if they're going to bother with an engine swap. Coming up with an adapter or drive conversion case would be more cost prohibitive. The axle would need to be swapped since the bell housing faces the opposite way on the older axles. An extra cost with no real benefit to the buyer.

I like the idea. I'll be interested to see if anyone buys the kit and see how well it runs and how long it lasts. I don't have many Precedent carts in my fleet, but this may be something to consider for future purchases.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:26 AM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I think there are plenty of options for engine swaps/ big blocks for DS carts that can probably be done in the same price range as this, just not in a pre-assembled kit.

From a demand standpoint, I don't think alot of DS owners would go for something like this. Most will want much better than stock performance if they're going to bother with an engine swap. Coming up with an adapter or drive conversion case would be more cost prohibitive. The axle would need to be swapped since the bell housing faces the opposite way on the older axles. An extra cost with no real benefit to the buyer.

I like the idea. I'll be interested to see if anyone buys the kit and see how well it runs and how long it lasts. I don't have many Precedent carts in my fleet, but this may be something to consider for future purchases.

The bell faces the same way in all of them. They’ve got the whole assembly turned around in their photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I see now. They've flipped the axle the other way.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car