lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #11
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lights turn signals problem

I agree about the ground, I have seen the brake and turn signals blink really low. Just cant seem to find it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2019, 08:08 PM   #12
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

FWIW all the electrical problems I had when I bought my used cart (brake lights, horn,ect.) were all caused by loose dirty connections. More so at fuse block and spade connections. Poor ground acts the same as low battery voltage. It’s that last load drawn from battery that cause’s accessories to dim or fail.
If checking the 12 volt circuit use a 12 volt test light but put ground lead/ alligator clip on + then probe 12 - wire to help find ground problem.
Since most cart accessories have 12 volt present to them at all times, they depend on that acsossory completing the ground - to complete circuit to work.
Hths 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:11 AM   #13
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks I will check that. It's the where to start that's the big problem. I guess fuse block back.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:48 PM   #14
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yep when I had problems started at the fuse block. FYI mine had glass fuses and were the bulk of my problems being corroded.( since repacked with new fuse block using mini fuses) Once I had 12 volts going to accessory, check to be sure ground curcit gets completed once switch is made.

Example as I had no brake lights. After cleaning glass fuse at fuse block, now had 12 volts going to brake pedal. Brakes still did not light. Followed wire on other side of switch (ground) found it to coroted. Once repaired bad ground connection circuit complete, brake lights work.

Help that helps trouble shooting process for 12volt acsessories.😊
12 volt to accessory,switch completes circuit, accesory works. If not acsesory is faulty.
Down load wire diagrams from stickies here.
Don’t get overhelmed. Trace one circuit at a time and do not assume anything is correct until proven.

Don’t use shot gun approach meaning start at beginning 12 volt thru switch till ground/end.👍
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Yep when I had problems started at the fuse block. FYI mine had glass fuses and were the bulk of my problems being corroded.( since repacked with new fuse block using mini fuses) Once I had 12 volts going to accessory, check to be sure ground curcit gets completed once switch is made.

Example as I had no brake lights. After cleaning glass fuse at fuse block, now had 12 volts going to brake pedal. Brakes still did not light. Followed wire on other side of switch (ground) found it to coroted. Once repaired bad ground connection circuit complete, brake lights work.

Help that helps trouble shooting process for 12volt acsessories.[emoji4]

12 volt to accessory,switch completes circuit, accesory works. If not acsesory is faulty.

Down load wire diagrams from stickies here.

Don’t get overhelmed. Trace one circuit at a time and do not assume anything is correct until proven.

Don’t use shot gun approach meaning start at beginning 12 volt thru switch till ground/end.[emoji106]
Thanks Cobra, this way will help a lot. I can use the original factory diagram wiring, plus add ons. Fuse block is 10 plus years old, fuses to. Starts tomorrow.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO