lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2019, 06:20 AM   #1
Stratos976
Not Yet Wild

Default Help replacing toaster parts.

I'm new to the whole cart world, but learning a lot.
I have a ClubCar Ds (A9236 299909) we purchased last year to ride around the campground. It has a new 36v pack in it, but the connections on the resistors, V-glide etc. have seen better days.

I would like to upgrade from the "toaster" parts to a controller, but don't know all the parts I'd need. I was actually thinking of using takeoffs from a stock controller cart that was slightly newer, or the equivalent replacement parts.
but wasn't sure of all I'd need.
-Would it just be controller, accelerator pedal, ans solenoid? maybe HD F&R switch?
-Would I still be able to use my existing charger?(its a ClubCar "accupower")

I understand performance gain using stock parts would be minimal, but it may improve battery life overt the resistor coil system.

Ultimately I'd like to get a kit from Carts Unlimited with the Alltrax, but its just not in the budget at this point, Which leads to another point.

I'd like to be smart about my approach, While I have a new 36v pack, I'd like to have the option to go 48v when I need to or decide to replace the pack, I would prefer to not have to buy another controller at that point since they are fairly expensive. (if that's even possible)

Hope this makes sense, I appreciate the help!
Stratos976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2019, 06:52 AM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Help replacing toaster parts.

If you could get the parts from a controller cart really cheap it might be cost effective for now, but in the long run if you want to go to 48v you'll need parts that will work now at 36v and be 48v capable later which most stock parts are not. If you get a conversion kit it will be capable of 36v and 48v, not cheap but you only have to do it once. You can use your 36v charger until you change to 48v then you will need a new charger and a different pre charge resistor for the solenoid. I'm in the middle of converting my resistor cart now so I feel your pain $$$$
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:11 AM   #3
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

if its just a "campground" cart , I would just leave it as is , old sparky carts are tanks , easy to fix and last forever ...mine sure has anyway.....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:56 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I like Budule's idea, leave it as is for now. Use it, enjoy it, and then see where you are a year from now in regards to budget. Those carts may be old, but they are simple carts and easily repairable without a broad technical set needed. And I cannot tell you how many times I have gone and replaced terminal connections over the years.... I sometimes feel like the Farmers Insurance guy and I have seen just about everything in that regard... Lol!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car