lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
Mcheil83
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear leaf springs

New to the forum and had a couple questions. Just bought a 2014 Club Car President 4 seater. The rear leaf spring only has one leaf an I was told a 4 passenger should have a bigger leaf spring to accommodate the back seat passengers should I upgrade the rear leaf?? Also I am doing a 3” lift an I seen a video of them just switching the leaf from the bottom of the axle to the top would this work with the new leaf spring?? Thanks in advance MATT
Mcheil83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2019, 09:36 AM   #2
Johnny (THE HOOF) V
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rear leaf springs

I would suggest since your going to do the lift to put the heavy duty leaf springs on the correct way while you are in the project. I had the regular ones on w the back seat and 6 inch lift and it was fine with kids but adults it would scrap occasionally on the fenders. Pretty easy as long as bolts up front aren't seized tight. I was lucky. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Johnny (THE HOOF) V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
Johnny (THE HOOF) V
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny (THE HOOF) V View Post
I would suggest since your going to do the lift to put the heavy duty leaf springs on the correct way while you are in the project. I had the regular ones on w the back seat and 6 inch lift and it was fine with kids but adults it would scrap occasionally on the fenders. Pretty easy as long as bolts up front aren't seized tight. I was lucky. Good luck.

Blue one w HD springs

Johnny (THE HOOF) V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
Allmanac
Getting Wild

Club Car

I would get the dual action rear leaf springs. That way when there is only you or you and a passenger it will still ride similar to the stock single spring but when you add more weight the springs will work like HD springs. Standard HD springs will give you a much stiffer ride. Just my $.02.
Allmanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:09 AM   #5
Rootman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Which brand ‘Dual Action’ leaf spring would you recommend?
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #6
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

How many leafs should a factory spring have? I'm under the assumption mine are factory, but we had it loaded up 4 adults and 2 kids and had no rubbing issues.
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:04 AM   #7
Allmanac
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
Which brand ‘Dual Action’ leaf spring would you recommend?
I'm not sure what brand it is but Golf Cart King (site sponsor) has dual action leaf springs for your year precedent. You could also contact Dave at Revolution Golf Cars (another site sponsor) who is the local Club Car expert.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #8
Allmanac
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCar86 View Post
How many leafs should a factory spring have? I'm under the assumption mine are factory, but we had it loaded up 4 adults and 2 kids and had no rubbing issues.
Most factory stock springs are single leaf.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:19 PM   #9
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmanac View Post
Most factory stock springs are single leaf.
while you are installing the dual action springs go ahead and get you some 2 inch spring liners off ebay and cut them to length and place them between each spring/leaf ,replace the spring bushings and grease well with synthetic wheel bearing grease or silicone grease and you will have no squeaks at all from the rear of the cart ...I just did this and its stealthy quiet now .sure beats spraying it down all time with some type of spray lube and hoping for the best ...my dual action springs are redhawk but they squeaked until I installed the spring liners ...while you're at it file down the edges on the leafs where they make contact with the other leafs at the ends if you want to really do it right the first time
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #10
Allmanac
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks fishbooz that is good advise. I have had my dual action springs on for almost a year now and they are still squeak free. My squeaks normally come from the front heim joints on my a-arm lift. I just drizzle some bar and chain lube on them, let them sit for a couple of hours, then wipe the excess off and they are good for a few months or longer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car