lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2019, 05:25 PM   #11
DGT4UNC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Advise for buying new batteries

Thanks for the advice guys. I eventually want to start speeding this thing up. Currently on speed code 4, buts seems the next step starts getting deep in to the ole wallet. Any advice as far as to not so expensive yet not skimping?
DGT4UNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2019, 04:48 PM   #12
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm running 26 mph but it wasn't cheap. A $1200 upgrade.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:25 PM   #13
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
It is never good to draw power from anything less than the whole pack. the more you do it, the shorter life you can expect. I would suggest running your reducer to a fuse block and getting power from there in the future. I'm no expert, but that is how I have my cart set up. My batteries are from 2014 and still hanging on. They came with the cart when I bought it and are a brand that I never saw before. So yes, it may be time for new batteries, but before you invest, make sure you are utilizing them in the optimum fashion. And then plug them in every night, and check your water levels at least once a month.
Please tell me the correct way to wire the reducer, I have ordered a 40/12
To power under cart led lights, I believe they are called Under Glow lights.
The cust service agent told me to wire the reducer pack positive from the first battery and pack negative on the last battery, 48 volts. Sounds correct to me but many times on this forum it has been said to not have any other wires sharing negative on the last battery, how should the 48 volt reducer be wired ?
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #14
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Anyone able to give me advice?
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:33 PM   #15
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
Anyone able to give me advice?
It's hard to say without knowing what cart you have. General rule is to run your negative from B- on controller or the negative block located near the controller on most carts. That way the obc will read the current draw of your reducer from the battery pack allowing the obc to put the correct charge in the pack.

It would be better in the future to start your own thread with your question, that way your question will get noticed quicker.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car