lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2021, 08:35 AM   #21
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Leaf Gen 1 to Leaf e+ Upgrade Build Thread

The terminal is a copper bar - not very thick so you don't need a very long bolt. I think 20mm should do it. I think there is some space behind the bar but make sure that the bolt doesn't hit anything internal.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2021, 02:27 PM   #22
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
The terminal is a copper bar - not very thick so you don't need a very long bolt. I think 20mm should do it. I think there is some space behind the bar but make sure that the bolt doesn't hit anything internal.

I ended up buying 12mm length. I measured down and there is something internal that will limit the length of the bolt used. It was less than 3/4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:06 PM   #23
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Where did you guys get the e+'s from?
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:34 AM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttyFields View Post
Where did you guys get the e+'s from?
I bought the entire lithium pack unit from a low mileage new 2018 Nissan Leaf that had been wrecked. The pack was undamaged. I cut it open and took out the modules. The pack voltages are lethal, so first thing to do was to remove bus bars to split it into several lower voltage strings before starting to remove stacks of modules.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:47 AM   #25
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I bought the entire lithium pack unit from a low mileage new 2018 Nissan Leaf that had been wrecked. The pack was undamaged. I cut it open and took out the modules. The pack voltages are lethal, so first thing to do was to remove bus bars to split it into several lower voltage strings before starting to remove stacks of modules.

Bob
Well Bob if your looking to sell any of the modules just give me a ring, you have my number and I'll send some Franklins $$ your way.
Old 03-17-2021, 10:12 AM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Here's the problem: Newer Leaf packs have the modules grouped. Only the 7S ones are really useful for our 48V packs. (need two of them) There are only four of them in a Leaf battery so you only get enough for two carts from one full battery pack. The older leaf battery was 48 modules and you could use either 7 or 14 of them to make a 48V pack.
I got my two 7S modules from Bumblebeebatteries. They had them on Ebay. It's hit or miss but you could contact them and see if they have any.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:16 AM   #27
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I got them from a seller called Bumblebee Batteries on eBay. There are 3 or 4 of us on the forum that did the same thing. We cleared them out of their 7S3P packs almost immediately. They don’t come up very often so you have to stay vigilant.
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:33 AM   #28
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccainc View Post
I got them from a seller called Bumblebee Batteries on eBay. There are 3 or 4 of us on the forum that did the same thing. We cleared them out of their 7S3P packs almost immediately. They don’t come up very often so you have to stay vigilant.
I put him down as a saved search so I'll get an email when he post something. Keep posting your progress so you can work all the bugs out for us that are less fortunate
Old 03-17-2021, 08:53 PM   #29
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
I put him down as a saved search so I'll get an email when he post something. Keep posting your progress so you can work all the bugs out for us that are less fortunate

Yep I also got mine from bumblebee. Progress is slower than I’d like but I’m getting there. Need to mount my charger and connect the main + wire to the battery and I’ll be ready to give her a test run on jack stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:04 AM   #30
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Well Bob if your looking to sell any of the modules just give me a ring, you have my number and I'll send some Franklins $$ your way.
I bought the Nissan pack to use as a battery storage solution for solar power. There are enough modules to build a 40 KW/Hr battery bank. It'll need that much capacity to handle the 370+ Amps of charge current in full sun. My current battery bank is 48V nominal, 4 parallel sets of 8 of the 6V Rolls/Surrette L16-HC in series. I still have 70 of the 315W solar panels in storage. The plan is to add more arrays as required.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO