lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2021, 10:07 PM   #1
Ndavis6
Not Yet Wild

Default Hesitation upon acceleration

We just got our new 2021 Icon i40L today. After 10 miles or so, we were having several pulsing hesitations after coming from a stop. Battery showed 68%. It happen about 4 times after stopping at stop signs. It would accelerate then pulse about 5-6 times before smoothing out to normal acceleration.
Anyone else have this problem??
Thanks
Ndavis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hesitation upon acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndavis6 View Post
We just got our new 2021 Icon i40L today. After 10 miles or so, we were having several pulsing hesitations after coming from a stop. Battery showed 68%. It happen about 4 times after stopping at stop signs. It would accelerate then pulse about 5-6 times before smoothing out to normal acceleration.
Anyone else have this problem??
Thanks
If it's brand new, I'd call the dealer. It sounds like maybe loose battery cables though? Lift up the seat and check to make sure they're all tightened.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:53 AM   #3
Stano7
Getting Wild

I had the same issue when I got mine. Anything around 50-60 percent, start getting nervous - need a charge. We crawled home, we're lucky to make it back. Plug it in and give it a good 24hr charge. If the problem persists then it's an issue, contact dealer.
Stano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Though your cart may be new...it appears from what you wrote that
your dealer may not have fully charged your cart before delivering to
you...

Put your cart on charge overnight...keep it plugged in until you use it
next time...

Hope that helps..

Best wishes
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:27 PM   #5
Itech
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

My 2021 i40L did the same thing at 52% charge. Now fully charged, no hesitation today. Wondering what causes this issue? It has not done this in the past. About one month old cart.
Itech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:00 AM   #6
Stano7
Getting Wild

Agree, same here. You'd think at 50% you still have enough not to get too nervous. My anxiety kicks in at about 60%. Half battery life should be just that. You'd think these low battery hesitations would start kicking in at more like 20%-30%. I just had my cluster swapped out per warranty, haven't run the battery down low enough to test it, don't really want to lol
Old 05-12-2021, 12:37 PM   #7
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

I wonder if there is a setting in the software for when the “limp” mode kicks in?
MPH711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #8
Stano7
Getting Wild

I always assumed it was the system struggling due to lack of power. You raise an interesting point that it may be a "limp mode" setting.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:39 PM   #9
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH711 View Post
I wonder if there is a setting in the software for when the “limp” mode kicks in?
I believe there is. I'd guess it's the low voltage limit, but you wouldn't want to mess with it too much because there's voltage sag and then weak batteries. If they're too weak, the voltage is low and limp mode is appropriate.

The issue is the accuracy of the battery gauge, not a setting to change most likely.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #10
Ndavis6
Not Yet Wild

We fully charged it and drove on it several days without it doing it again until It got to 71% , then it started hesitating after stopping. Our dealer isn’t sure, I have a call into Icon. 🤷🏼*♀️
At 71% it should still have a ton of battery left!
Ndavis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon