lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2021, 02:47 AM   #11
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Why do people buy RXV's?

Regarding serviceability: an RXV with 8v batteries looks about the same as a TXT under the seat. Also, just 6 torx screws hold the front hood on. Don't have to mess with the windshield frame/canopy and no rivets. ( I'm assuming modern TXTs still use rivets ). I don't see how an RXV is more difficult to service than a TXT. Also no pesky drum brakes/cables and all those adjustments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0444.jpg (367.1 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2021, 05:41 AM   #12
AlexYannoulatos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a few TXT's before purchasing a RXV as i really liked the look of them. That was a big mistake. I tried my best to give it time and get used to the overall drive, but could never do so, i feel the TXT like mentioned is just so much more simple and practical to own. Yes the RXV are quicker and was amazed by the uphill performance comparing to the TXT, but found myself at home and happy as ever when returning back to a TXT.

Might sound stupid, but small things like just being able to push the TXT forward or back when in the garage to get around it, where as the RXV was always a issue of turning on, switching F/R etc

-I had 4x 12v Trojans, and the one battery was always a pain to check water.
-The steering was much stiffer than the TXT's (i tested other RXV's to make sure mine was fine)
-I could not coast down hills like the TXT's with the freedom chip, even though I had freedom mode set on the RXV
-Replaced the SOC meter with a brand new OEM one due to it fogging up, and the exact same thing happened a few months later. I live In South Africa, so could not have bought the accurate and 'upgraded' SOC meter from the site sponsors.

Just a few small reasons, it might not make sense to everyone, but at the end of the day i am happy i had purchased one to experience living with it and using it daily.
AlexYannoulatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:50 AM   #13
AlexYannoulatos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh and one last thing. Yes, not having to worry about servicing brakes on the RXV is convenient, but new shoes at roughly R1,200.00 (ZAR) every once in forever for me and 1-2 hours at most of my time is really no problem. I have a passion for carts and love doing the maintenance. I would rather replace wear and tear items regarding brakes than fearing of the AC Brake locking up or leaving me stranded where the cart cannot be moved or towed in some cases.
AlexYannoulatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:04 AM   #14
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

This is very interesting info. Everyone here has very good reasons for their preferred model and that's great 👍 one question. Is the new S4 a development of the TXT platform. So practically an enhanced and upgraded TXT? I thought so but I am not sure.
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:16 AM   #15
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, most things are said. To compare TXT/RXV is difficult. The one love the RXV, the other hate it. I've had a stock TXT for 3.5 years ( easy to handle, reliable, good design ).
But, i love the RXV! It's a computerized cart, for sure. You should always know what you're doing, b e f o r e you're doing. Overall it's very easy to work on.
Unbeatable for me is the powerful, wearless ac induction motor. In freedom mode, no need to upgrade anything for a lot of $$$. I love it, when on the campground in Croatia, jumping out of the cart and the parking brake clicks behind me. Or when starting on lose ground, both wheels have grip at any time due to the posi-trac

P.s Braking with the power of electricity is still fascinating for me...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:05 AM   #16
trstanley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I bought mine because it was the cheapest way to get the performance I wanted. I also really like the way it drives, but I drive 95% of the time on pavement and it's not lifted. My neighbor has a lifted RXV and I hate the way it drives. I think a lot of what can be considered the better cart is so variable depending on terrain, lift, tires, use, etc. In my situation I think the RXV is better. But if I were driving off-road I would have probably went with a TXT for the versatility and options for upgrades.
trstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:28 PM   #17
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccainc View Post

You’re talking Navitas upgrade so you need to compare apples to apples. My RXV with Navitas controller and STOCK motor does considerably better than 35mph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So help me with this one ... if your stock motor with the Navitas controller "does considerably better than 35 mph" and the RXV has the stock RXV axle ratio of 16.99:1 your stock RXV motor would be revving over 10,000 rpm even with stock tires ... really?
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:53 PM   #18
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, really. AC (brushless) 10K rpm not an issue for a brushless motor. Taller tires will effectively change gear ratio to a taller gear (smaller numerically)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:42 PM   #19
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes. Right around 10,000 rpm with 23” tires is 40mph. Generally I keep the speed turned down to 30mph for range considerations but that’s no problem if I crank it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:47 AM   #20
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I bought a txt basically because it was a good deal at the time along with me not knowing the difference between the two. Same for club art instead of ez go cart.

If I had an option of getting a rxv at a good price,would buy that “now” that I have been educated on here of what can or can not be done to an rxv compared
To a txt.
Other wise my second post on here would have been something like “ I added a convertor to the key switch and now cart won’t run lol.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO