lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #21
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mixing and matching batteries???

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeewhooelse View Post
Re: Mixing and matching batteries???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More important to look at the date stamp on the negative post(s)...
I WAS JUST ASKED FOR THE YEAR NOT THE MONTH AND NOW WHAT WOULD THE MONTH HAVE TO DO WITH MY ORIGINAL QUESTION?? The cart I bought last year has Trojan batteries in it, its a 36 volt system. 4 of the batteries are Trojan 105's the other 2 are trojans T-105 ( which are deep cycle batteries). Is it a good thing to mix Deep cycle with regular batteries??
Here's what the month could have to do with your batteries.
If your batteries are stamped L6 they are almost a year newer than a one's stamped A6. A6's are 4 years old as of this month and L6's are just over three, this means alot on batteries and even more on one's that haven't been properly maintained !
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #22
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeewhooelse View Post
I did with the old style hydometer and the needle won't even go to the recharge or fair setting on any of the batteries. Now remember I had no problems with the batteries or the charger up until this winter.I wasn't aware of leaving the charger on all the time. This could be a very costly MISTAKE on my part.
Just want to make sure you understand that leaving the charger plugged in to the cart and plugged in to AC WILL NOT maintain the pack. You must break and re-make the connection between the charger and the cart to restart the charging cycle.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #23
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
Just want to make sure you understand that leaving the charger plugged in to the cart and plugged in to AC WILL NOT maintain the pack. You must break and re-make the connection between the charger and the cart to restart the charging cycle.
That's a pretty broad statement pg... the only thing I can figure from the OP's postings is he has a Powerwise charger with 3 settings... regular battery, deep cell, and agm. Does that mean it doesn't have a float charge capability or are you saying that all chargers, even those with float will not maintain a pack?
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #24
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Made an assumption on the type of charger. Also didn't want anyone with a Total Charge, TCIII, etc. to think that just leaving the charger plugged in would maintain the pack. Of course there are chargers that can maintain the pack. It's all good. Good catch.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #25
itsmeewhooelse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry for the misunderstanding on the charger there iaefebs. But the charger with the three settings in a 12 volt car charger , I was charging 2 of my 6 volt batteries at 1 time. The Powerwise is a standard 36 volt golfcart charger. Anyway batteries are all charged up pluged in the Powerwise charger and it finished charging the batteries. I then disconected the charger for a couple of days drove the cart around and pluged in the charger and it came back on, I also checked all the cells 24 hours after charging and they all read in the high 6.20 reading. Things look real good so far.
itsmeewhooelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #26
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hey for the 5 mins it takes pry gently the cap off your car or truck and check the hydrometer.
You will then be sure about it.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO