lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
J--C
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Charger compatability

I am away from home, the ezgo charger is dead the diodes are prob bad , she said it still humms after unplugging it from the wall ,still plugged into cart. can I use a club car charger if somebody changes the plug end 36v to 36v ?
thanks this frustrating ,nobody seem to want to fix it just sell a new one for big $$
J--C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger compatability

Club car chargers are not compatable with any other manufacture's carts because they have the OBC on the cart which controls the charger..... what year/kind ezgo is it and how does she KNOW the charger is not working (if it is humming) ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

I got a powerwise 2 charger for a 36v ezgo. Looks and works great. I switched to 48v and don't have a use for it. Just kept it in case I came across another 36v cart. $160 plus shipping. Where do you live?
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
J--C
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks , just got one ordered for the same price , but thank you for the offer, the price is reasonable !!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
J--C
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scott for the info, I got a powerwise II on the way, she said it made a louder than normal noise, and when unplugged from the wall still hummed so I think ? the diods might be bad , when I get back I'll have to do some investigation of it I did replace the control board relay a few years back.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Club car chargers are not compatable with any other manufacture's carts because they have the OBC on the cart which controls the charger..... what year/kind ezgo is it and how does she KNOW the charger is not working (if it is humming) ?
A36volt club car charger will work if you change the plugs,only the 48volt have the OBC.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO