lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
dutdut1981
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Any one ever use stud spacers

Man I seen a cart that had some 2 1/2 stud spacers on it that looks awesome I have got to have some, I was looking on line and I see both spacer plates and stud spacers. I know the plate is better but my question is do you really need them if you are only going 15-20mph and has anyone use the stud spacers before? let me know what you think
dutdut1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Any one ever use stud spacers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutdut1981 View Post
Man I seen a cart that had some 2 1/2 stud spacers on it that looks awesome I have got to have some, I was looking on line and I see both spacer plates and stud spacers. I know the plate is better but my question is do you really need them if you are only going 15-20mph and has anyone use the stud spacers before? let me know what you think
I wouldnt use the stud spacers its just CHEAP,and they will break and put extra wear on your wheel bearings.Just do yourself a favor and go for the spacers you will be better off in the long run.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
dutdut1981
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
I wouldnt use the stud spacers its just CHEAP,and they will break and put extra wear on your wheel bearings.Just do yourself a favor and go for the spacers you will be better off in the long run.
So yours broke??? I build Metal buildings and the studs are the same strenth as the bolts I hang 2000# of steel from. I didnt think they would brake? Did your stock stud brake or the spacer stud itself?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutdut1981 View Post
So yours broke??? I build Metal buildings and the studs are the same strenth as the bolts I hang 2000# of steel from. I didnt think they would brake? Did your stock stud brake or the spacer stud itself?
No,I just think that trying to make something like that would not be a good as a wheel spacer.You really dont want to put any extra weight on your inner wheel bearings.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A lever X long is a lever weather it is wood or steel. Studs are more prone to flexing than spacers, but they both add some load to the axles and bearings.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with Dooms, if the length of the extension is the same as the spacer width, then the stress applied to the brgs is the same for both. I do not have any experience with either, so I can't give an opinion. But the physics of the lever apply to either.
morepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
dutdut1981
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I was thinkin the same thing about the lever. I have a local machine that makes parts for me from time to time for our equipment, Im having them make me some and I'll let you know how they work. Last year I had a forklift that need the flywheel spaced out another inch for the new starter to fit and they worked fine, Seems to me this would be the same concept but I would think less stress. I'll keep y'all informed
Old 01-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If they are a cnc shop ask about future pricing.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
dutdut1981
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Will do! Talked to Randy today, he is making me a drawing now for approval. Once I get that done he will quote it. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I have the billet spacers on the rear axle only. No problems of any kind. The billet spacers carry the load across a much larger plane than the stud spacers do.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts