lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #11
hawghunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: A little help

Should batteries make noise while charging. Sounded almost like boiling inside the batts, not loud but distinct. The charger was "stuck" on 10 amps for a while, longer than normal. I haven't metered the batts yet, but will soon and post results for some advice as I think I have a bad one or two (based on info in earlier replies). Thanks for any help.
hawghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #12
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Your cart is a Fleet/Series unit with a Curtis 275 amp stock controller. There is a small sticker on the top left side that MAY indicate the controller has been serviced/replaced with a rebuilt unit. Your huge tires will eat this controller alive.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #13
HDRyder
Flirtin' with Disaster

E-Z-GO

By the looks in those pics it looks like you didn't change out all your cables to 4 gauge.

You need to change ALL of them, including the ones to the solenoid, F&R switch and going to the motor...

If you don't change all of them the ones you did change are about useless...
HDRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Gorno's right, those tires need a bigger controller .... if that is the stock controller then it is essentially choking the motor which is trying to draw mucho amps for those big meats. So get a mirror or whatever it takes and read us all the of the markings on the curtis controller (it will have a rating on it).... and here is a chart to help you see what kind of #s you are looking for with the battery readings ..... Just holler if you need more help with the voltmeter.... post a pic of the face?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batterytable1-1.jpg (88.7 KB, 10 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #15
hawghunter
Not Yet Wild

Here are the numbers on the controller:

Type - Curtis PMC
P/N - 25864G09
S/N - 5260-P095983L

The solenoid says 36V. Both are visually in excellent shape, so they may have been replaced at some point. I posted earlier that the tires were 24", but they are actually 22-8.5-10. Any advice on controller/solenoid types and where to find the best price?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax is the best known brand. Logisystems has some good values. Curtis makes some upgraded models too. Just depends upon what you want to do with it and what you have budgeted.... How fast you want to go? ....or is it mud bogging
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #17
hawghunter
Not Yet Wild

Top speed isnt the big issue, although a nice to have. Would like to see more torque though. Are the controller numbers I posted enough to get the rating?

I will eventually upgrade to 48V, but would like to upgrade contoller and solenoid soon. Will a new controller work for 36V and 48V?

Any idea why the noise in the batts I mentioned in earlier post?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO