lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez go trouble

It's not a do or die issue on cable size at this point. You seem to have a TXT Series cart and mix matched batteries. Different batteries in a cart are usually a bad sign, but not always. What did you pay for the cart? Do you know the year? First thing to check is to see if all your connections are tight. I mean ALL of them. Batteries, controller, motor, forward / reverse switch and solenoid.

Once you know all are good and tight, drive the cart for a bit, then feel all the cables to see if any are hotter than the others...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #12
bonecollector123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicalgolfcarts View Post
Have those wires been upgraded???
It doesnt look like anything has been upgraded except the 2 4 awg wires I don't mind replaceing the wires that's supposed to give you more performance anyways right?
bonecollector123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #13
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecollector123 View Post
It doesnt look like anything has been upgraded except the 2 4 awg wires I don't mind replaceing the wires that's supposed to give you more performance anyways right?
You will eventually want an entire set of 4 gauge wires - first we need to find the source of the smell!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #14
bonecollector123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
It's not a do or die issue on cable size at this point. You seem to have a TXT Series cart and mix matched batteries. Different batteries in a cart are usually a bad sign, but not always. What did you pay for the cart? Do you know the year? First thing to check is to see if all your connections are tight. I mean ALL of them. Batteries, controller, motor, forward / reverse switch and solenoid.

Once you know all are good and tight, drive the cart for a bit, then feel all the cables to see if any are hotter than the others...
I have no idea on the year I paid 2 grand for the cart I have an interstate guy that comes to the dealership I work at so I gotta hook up on the batteries what kinda deal can I get on new cables and which ones do I need to replace I need more torque for riding through the woods anyways so if I gotta spend a little to get it right Iam good with it I just want to make sure I spend the money in the right place
Old 02-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #15
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=bonecollector123;365382]I have no idea on the year I paid 2 grand for the cart I have an interstate guy that comes to the dealership I work at so I gotta hook up on the batteries what kinda deal can I get on new cables and which ones do I need to replace I need more torque for riding through the woods anyways so if I gotta spend a little to get it right Iam good with it I just want to make sure I spend the money in the right place[/QUOTE]

Then let's find the source of the smell BEFORE you buy something! Check your cable connections and report back with what I asked above...

Old 02-21-2010, 05:12 AM   #16
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Bone,

To check on the year, look for the tags in the glove box area on your cart. Once you get them, take a look at the stickies and they will tell you how to decode the model and year.

Next, as the others here have said, you'll want to check those pesky cables. Although it sounds really basic, making sure the connections are all snug and the battery posts are clean (really clean) is very important on these babies. If I were you I would also try and identify the month and year of the batteries. If you look on the top of the battery posts, you should see a letter and a number. Again, look at the stickies and they will help you tell when they were made.

As for upgrades for what you are saying you want your cart for, I would look at cables and then perhaps a hotter controller. First things first though, check all your connections, then go from there. I would also look at the voltage of your entire battery pack and then each battery on it's own.

If the cart you bought is the one in your signature, it looks pretty nice. 2K for a cart with options is a pretty decent deal (depending on where your at and the local pricing of course). Here in Dallas I bought a 98 EZGO electric with a stereo, Cd player, split windshield and a full enclosure, chroem wheels, etc. It was my first electric cart and I kinda got hosed cause the batteries were crap-o-la...my bad but...ya learn a little everyday here.

Some of the members may seem a bit harsh but, it's usually cause they've been asked these questions a thousand times before.

I go back and forth between telling folks to just use the search function but, one of the senior members made a good point the other day and brought up the fact that the search tool may not always give you the answers your looking for so....I hope I am helping you here.

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.

K9
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #17
bonecollector123
Not Yet Wild

the post say a-5 so I geuss they are 2005 and it is the cart in my avatar 2000 seemed to be a good deal I am changing all the battery wires to 4 awg today and checking all the conetions then I will give it a spin to see what happens I will post later
Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A 5 batteries are at the end of their life now, Still OK on the purchase price though. Drive your cart and then touch every cable when you return to see (feel) if any are hotter than the others...

Report your findings...

Old 02-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #19
bonecollector123
Not Yet Wild

I put all new 4 gauge cables on it replaced the ends on 2 wires that go into the black box where the shifter linkage goes and rode it around for about 30 minutes before it stopped again I got off and told my wife to see if it would move with her by her self and it would barely roll so I let it sit for about 2 minutes and it took off again like nothing was wrong the smell seems to be coming from one of the 2 black covers they are still getting hot but the wires are alot cooler with the new cables I found the serial # so I am gonna try to figure out the year
Old 02-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

chage your f and r switch if its get hot
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO