lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

Location: Mandeville, LA...bout 30 miles north of New Orleans
Default 48v only gps'ing at 11mph

I took the tomtom with me around the block, and my 03 CC is only clocking 11 mph....I know they are programmed to do 14. Im pretty sure the batteries are the original, making them 5yrs old....could that be why its running slower?

Im also having a real problem removing the steering wheel...Ive tried rocking left to right & top and bottom with brute force, Ive put the lug back on flush and knocked it with a hammer...Ive soaked it with wd40 over night then beat it from the bottom with a rubber mallet, Ive anchored my feet on the dash and tried to push it off like that.....Ive taken a 2x4 and swung like Babe Ruth at the bottom of the wheel.....nothings even budging. Im sore and worn out!!! Someone mentioned in another forum to use a 2x4 and a car jack and give that a shot....but Tungpo influenced me to do a couple of shots of Rumplemintze today....so Im going to wait till tomorrow to try using the jack method.

Does anyone have any OTHER suggestions I can try tomorrow? Im thinking I may be hacksawing it off soon.
BigDaddyRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
daddyscooltv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48v only gps'ing at 11mph

Hey are you also on the Dis forum? Good luck with getting the stering wheel off I did the same that you have done so far. If you are going to replace it this is what I ended up doing. I broke the original up with a hammer to where all I had was the hub on the stering shaft, then I took a dremil with a cutoff disk and starting cutting 2 slots into the hub across from each other being very careful to not cut into the shaft finally it weakend enough for the hub to come loose. Not sure about your 11mph your probably right with the batteries, I took my garmin out last weekend and gps'ed mine and got 27.7mph on batteries that haven't been charged for 2 weeks.

Good Luck,
Chris
daddyscooltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

Hey Daddyscool...yes Im the same BDRog from DIS. Yeah......I figured hacksawing it was going to be my final attempt...didnt think about dremiling it...much easier!!! Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyscooltv View Post
Hey are you also on the Dis forum? Good luck with getting the stering wheel off I did the same that you have done so far. If you are going to replace it this is what I ended up doing. I broke the original up with a hammer to where all I had was the hub on the stering shaft, then I took a dremil with a cutoff disk and starting cutting 2 slots into the hub across from each other being very careful to not cut into the shaft finally it weakend enough for the hub to come loose. ..... .Good Luck,
Chris
Worked like a charm........Thanks DCTv!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
daddyscooltv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRog View Post
Worked like a charm........Thanks DCTv!!!!!!!
Great!!! Good Luck with the rest of your cart!
daddyscooltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car