lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #11
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Delta-Q RXV / TXT 48V Charger Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
do any EZ-GO's have a battery temp probe onboard?

regardless, i have a charger that charges now! yay! my only real concern now is, is this input for monitoring thermal runaway? or is it for temperature compensated float voltage? or is it neither and just part of the interlock?
-sj
Ezgo does not use the thermal compensation, some of the Chinese carts like Star do. I seem to remember that the charger has what DQ calls a Battery Temperature Monitoring device that is a thermal compensator. I would imagine it would also address thermal runaway as it decreases charging current as the batteries get warmer.
To be sure I would check with DQ.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
To be sure I would check with DQ.
Well, I called Dairy Queen as you suggested and they were far more helpful than Delta Q as they were able to point me to this product listing which gives a description of the wires on the back side of the Delta Q charge receptacle.
  • Used on 2008-current E-Z-GO Electric 48 Volt RXV Models
  • Receptacle input that allows vehicle's batteries to charge
  • Consists of: Interlock (blue wire, 18 AWG, 300 Volt), Split loom (Black, I.D. .350"), Battery+ (red wire, 14 AWG, 600 Volt, M8 ring terminal), Temperature sensor (gray wire, 22 AWG, stranded, 300 Volt, M8 ring terminal), and Battery- (black wire, 14 AWG, 600 Volt, M8 ring terminal)

sooo... i'm guessing like that little box on the end of the gray wire houses a 10K (or so) thermistor that is mechanically coupled to the battery through the ring terminal. maybe i'll call Delta Q again tomorrow and attempt to pry some more information out of them regarding the exact value.
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: png delta-q-receptical.png (143.0 KB, 4 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:38 PM   #13
Msalford
Not Yet Wild

I bought the same charger by mistake for a txt did the resistor work out if so how many watts. I tried it on mine and it worked one time with a 1/4watt 10k resistor and now it won't come on. I know this is an old thread but hoping for some help
Msalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:45 PM   #14
Msalford
Not Yet Wild

Forgot to say cart is 48v with alltrax 300 amp controller
Old 07-16-2016, 11:00 AM   #15
Msalford
Not Yet Wild

Anybody got it to charge after connecting and reconnecting going to try higher wattage resistor
Old 08-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #16
Role
Gone Wild

Using a 10k resistor on the green wire will definitely kick the charger on. Pulled one off of an old computer monitor motherboard that I had lying around.

Ezgo also claims that the 913-4810 cannot be reprogrammed and the algorithm cannot be changed— can only be used for ezgo rxv application. This is NOT true.

Hence, it's firmware and you can flash firmware or delete the only algorithm that comes factory and add any algorithm you want based on your battery application.

I had a ranger EV and the original charger started having internal faults, so I bought the ezgo rxv delta q charger and removed the factory algorithm and replaced it with algorithm 71, 72, & 73.

Worked beautifully!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (140.0 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #17
Role
Gone Wild

Soldered it on inline on the green wire followed by some heat shrink tubing.

Plug it in and charge algorithm starts right up with the default one I selected, which was 71 from what I recollect
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (129.4 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:21 AM   #18
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Would it not be better to install a 10K NTC Thermistor with the appropriate curve to do temperature compensation?
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #19
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Role, is this set up still working? I am having the same problem, I have a delta q that I want to use on a club car.
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #20
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I went ahead and tried it. I had an old car amplifier that I found a 10k resistor in, then soldered it in line with the green wire, then heat shrank. Currently charging now! Thanks for the info!
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO