lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Juggaloblink420@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 1975 Cushman

Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. Recently I went to a storage locker auction and found this '75 cushman inside with a bunch of other goodies and ended up paying $900.

Got it home and inspected it and it had its issues but the charger/batteries work, my only problem is the throttle will run with the on/off switch on either one, and does the same thing with key on/key off. Been messing with this for a while and can't seem to narrow it down. It wont stay charged without the chager being on, and whats the fun in going 10 feet over and over? =P

Also some other questions, I can't seem to find any other information/price checks on this cushman so was wondering if anyone could help me out? Model number is 898204-7510.

I'd really appreciate the help guys!
Juggaloblink420@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1975 Cushman

Bump?
Old 10-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I will guess the solenoid may be stuck closed (runs without switch on). This may also drain the batteries. Try charging the batteries for 12hrs and see what you get. Sorry, I am not familiar with Cushman electric carts, but I'm sure it is a series motor with a resistor drive. It may have more than one solenoid. If so, one is a master and the others are for different speeds. You'll have to Google for info. There is some out there, you'll just have to try different key words in the searches.

Edit: I found this which may help.
http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...ategory=100012
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply, been messing with it for a couple hours today and it seems when I go from Neutral to Forward/Reverse the connection points for the speeds I wanna say are sparking, which is connected to the solenoid.

Now I don't know anything about golf carts but sparks aren't normal.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild

Little bit of an update - rode it for about 10 min and the battery started to die when I got off, opened the battery compartment and you could feel the heat and smell burning rubber. Started feeling around and touched some coil looking things and they burnt the **** out of me haha, not sure what causes this.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Those are the resistor coils (each one gives a different speed) and, yes, they get very hot! You shouldn't have a rubber burning smell, though. If those coils have dust, dirt, or oil on them they could smell. Make sure your wiring isn't getting hot! If it is, you have poor connections or bad terminal ends on the cables.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts