lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #41
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: speakers

Let's see some pics of your install, Dawg !!!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #42
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I will get some this week as I complete it. Last night was just the bench test, to see if the replacement amp worked.

JD
gadawg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #43
dbmachine
Gone Wild

This is a basic setup I installed on my in laws cart. Center console with a Jvc marine Bluetooth head unit.

For speakers which haven't arrived yet are the wakeboard tower marine 6.5" speakers from Amazon. I fabbed up a mounting bar to secure them to once they arrive. Just 2 brackets bolted to the roof supports with a 1 1/8" diameter bar. Easy and clean. Will get better pics once everything arrives and is installed.

dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:06 AM   #44
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok everyone, after several days of not getting to work on the cart, I finally finished up the stereo. I had to add a little tape to the cup holder so it would fit snug, but other than that, you can see everything tucked up nice and neat. The amp, I placed against the front firewall and ran all the lines through some conduit. The speakers were just added to the access panel, as you can see. All in all, it turned out pretty well and sounds great. Later down the road, I believe I will add some higher end speakers and possibly a sub. For now, it is plenty of music for us.

JD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cup Holder Controller.jpg (92.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Battery 1.jpg (123.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Speakers.jpg (180.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-12-2015, 06:28 AM   #45
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Looks good nice and clean. I never thought about installing speakers is the access panel. Good idea. Does it project the sound out away from the cart pretty good mounted in that location ?
Old 05-12-2015, 08:06 AM   #46
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

db, actually if I had to do it all over again, I would probably mount some of those wake speakers behind my head facing down and a little front. I am not disappointed in what I have now, but everyone knows that the grass is always greener on the other side. LOL! The way I have them setup now, sounds good and it actually resonates up between the two seats toward the back of your head. Overall, they sound really good, but I still wonder how the other speakers would sound. Maybe after a little time of sticking money back, I may buy some and see how they do.

JD
Old 05-12-2015, 08:13 AM   #47
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I've got my wake tower speakers installed and they sound very good. They sound actually better the further you are away from the cart. At 50 feet away the mids are very clear. The further you are away the better the bass sounds for some reason. I'm only powering them with 20 watts from the head unit deck though.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:35 AM   #48
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

db, I noticed on another thread yesterday, illregal installed a Rockville RW10CA sub under his backseat. I liked this idea and I have been tossing it up in the air between a sub and wakeboard speakers. My only limitation is that this BT amp is only a 2-channel and I don't think it has line out capability. With this sub being powered, I may be able to run one channel to my 6.5's and the other to the sub. Not sure on this, as I am definitely not a big audio guy. Either way, I am happy for now, but I know down the road I will want something else.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...rear-seat.html

Hope I did that right.

JD
Old 03-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #49
Taylorized
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg31 View Post
Ok everyone, after several days of not getting to work on the cart, I finally finished up the stereo. I had to add a little tape to the cup holder so it would fit snug, but other than that, you can see everything tucked up nice and neat. The amp, I placed against the front firewall and ran all the lines through some conduit. The speakers were just added to the access panel, as you can see. All in all, it turned out pretty well and sounds great. Later down the road, I believe I will add some higher end speakers and possibly a sub. For now, it is plenty of music for us.

JD
Did you box in the bottom of the speakers under the panel?
Taylorized is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha