lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
G-gaurd
Getting Wild

Default G1 flywheel won't come off

I got a harmonic balancer puller to remove the flywheel from my G1 motor . I used the 8mm x 1.25 bolts and started applying pressure when it seemed the bolts were being pulled out of the holes.
I rechased the threads but I'm wondering if there is something I can do to loosen up the flywheel.

Should I remove the plastic cooling fins and apply some heat ?
I'm trying to save this motor instead of replacing it with a harbor frieght Honda clone

Thank you for any assistance and suggestions that will help

Peace
G-gaurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2017, 03:29 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 flywheel won't come off

try it again and hit the bolt on the puller with a hammer once you have pressure on it that will usually get them to pop right off i would use heat as a last resort being the pulsar coil is right behind the flywheel and are hard to find anymore if you were to mess it up
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 flywheel won't come off

make sure you are on it good and straight and like he said put pressure on it then smack your puller bolt with a hammer. If not yet loose tighten puller bolt a turn or so and smack again. repeat as needed.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha