lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #1
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 club car and the Subaru efi questions....?

Hey guys, been around a while but having trouble finding any good info on the new club car gas models. It seems they not only changed the engine but the rear end too! My question is, it says this engine makes its power at 3600rpm, so does that mean in the cart we can get it to that rpm by just tweakin some sensors and throttle cable? Also because that rpm is higher than the old fe350's with their 2700 rpm limit, does that mean the rear end gear ratio is different than the usual 12:1. The rear end looks different that's why I ask. My end goal here is to make it fast , 6:1 gears with machined front and rear clutches. Also, any info on how these carts with the efi engines are doing problem wise would be great.. I kinda feel left in the dark with all these changes...
boosted230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016 club car and the Subaru efi questions....?

Alright... So I've managed to find that Nivel sells a high speed gear for the reared in the 2015 and up gas carts. The weird thing is that they only offer a 9:3:1 ratio. Also I believe they are calling this a Fuji rear axle. Just curious if anyone knows the stock rear gear ratio?
Old 10-13-2017, 06:42 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

If you have an "Owners Manual" that came with the cart, it should say something like this on the specifications page towards the end of the book...

Transaxle: Precision helical gears, forward/reverse with neutral position (11.47:1 forward; 15.63:1 reverse)

I found that info in a 2010 Carryall 300 owners manual with the Subaru EFI w/Fuji transaxle,
I'm not sure if your Precedent has the same ratio spec's, AND... I'm not exactly sure why I have that pdf manual...

There's a LOT more that has changed on them than just the engine and transaxle!
That might be why your not getting a lot of replies about it, they're still pretty new!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:44 AM   #4
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

Well we don't actually have the owners manual. We're a used cart dealer down here in Mississippi and purchased a few 2016 gassers. And I'm tossing around the idea of buying one for myself. But thanks for the info on the gear ratio! So they had the efi engine in 2010? I thought that started in 2014? I'm pretty sure the carryall would have the same rear end. Well, it was that way in the earlier years anyways.

Edit: found the manual on line!
Transaxle: Precision helical gears, forward/reverse with neutral position (11.47:1 forward; 15.63:1 reverse), with optional limited slip differential

Now to just get someone to make some 6:1 gears for me!!!!!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #5
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

So I've managed to find out a little more information that is quite interesting.... These new motors are rotating counter clockwise! Therefore, after several years club car finally has a rotation the same as a Briggs v-twin (or any aftermarket engine for that matter). Thats a plus because you won't have to run in reverse to go forward after a swap, therefore a better forward gear ratio....

So.... Any leads on a 6:1 gear yet... Lol
Old 10-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Huh... it never dawned on me to check the rotation on the 2014 XRT850 that I saw... good to know!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:27 PM   #7
beer and fish
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

So is it worth getting the high speed gears from Nivel? I don't want to do it twice!
beer and fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:29 AM   #8
beer and fish
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I got the high speed gears. I'm having them pressed in this week. I will report back. PS I got them cheaper than Nivel
beer and fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Watching with interest. Yes those are still pretty rare around here. Out of almost 4000 carts in our campground I haven't seen a single one of the Subaru EFI engines yet. Had several '15, '16, '17 EZGO's & Yamaha's (yes, Yami's are also EFI), but none of the Club Cars.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #10
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer and fish View Post
I got the high speed gears. I'm having them pressed in this week. I will report back. PS I got them cheaper than Nivel
So you got the 9:1's from nivel?? What was your top mph before? And of course after.. also what are the other modifications you have done to the cart?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car