lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2019, 09:21 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Gauge Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
Thank you Johnnie B (good )...Will look for the 36 volt Summit manual...
Kewl. Just wanted to be sure you weren't looking for something already attached.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #22
flaco1801
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well i finally broke down...I have this cart about 2 weeks and i have been using it and driving it hard...I was stopped...I started and it sputtered and it was not moving...Luckily i got towed home and the controller was very hot...I let it cool down to see if it would move and then i would assume the controller was bad....I turned the key and stepped on the pedal and i heard a loud pop...I looked under the cart and found the controller cover? I can smell the burn......It says Controller Test Srvs quality refurbished 275 A....I order a new one? any recomendations? Higher amps next one? I wanted to learn, guess i am learning fast...how much are these things that people buy refurbished? thanks, gotta a lot to read now...
flaco1801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

CTS controllers are total junk. Don't waste time with more rebuilt junk. Get a Alltrax SR-48###-ITS from ScottyB. (### replaced with amp size of your choosing, like 400)

www.cartsunlimited.net
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Refurbished means the exterior was wiped with a damp cloth after whatever had failed had been repaired. The problem is that all the other components that haven't fail yet are still in there and are the same age and have been subjected to the same conditions that caused the failure.

Best bet is a new aftermarket controller, such as an Alltrax SR48400 (or larger) controller. It is user programmable and output is short circuit protected.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #25
flaco1801
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys...The Alltrax SR48400 is a 36 volt and 48 volts? . Is this one gonna be good with my 2000 Western? You guys are a great help....thanks again...Looking at Scotty's page maybe going with SR 48400and the 400 super solenoid..Question drop down menu has36 volt marathon or....36 volt medalist TXT,,,,what would i choose?....next drop down is battery setup? i hate being a bother...
Old 04-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks guys...
1. The Alltrax SR48400 is a 36 volt and 48 volts? .

2. Is this one gonna be good with my 2000 Western?

3. You guys are a great help....thanks again...Looking at Scotty's page maybe going with SR 48400and the 400 super solenoid..

4. Question drop down menu has36 volt marathon or....36 volt medalist TXT,,,,what would i choose?....next drop down is battery setup? i hate being a bother...
1. It works on 36V, 42V and 48V. There are a couple setting that are set differently for each voltage, but Scotty will program it for whatever voltage you choose and you can reprogram it yourself if you decided to run your cart with a higher voltage battery pack.

2. The SR family of controllers are the best thing since sliced bread for all series drive carts.

3. Both the SR 48400 annd the MZJ400 solenoid will operate at 36V, 42V and 48V, so all that is needed to upgrade to a higher voltage is the batteries and a battery charger for the new voltage.

4. Marathon has a 0-5kΩ type throttle and Medalist/TXT has an ITS type throttle. Your 2000 Western is most likely built on a TXT chassis.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #27
flaco1801
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you Johnnie...When i tackle this job i will disconnect the Positive and Negative terminals but which would you replace first the solenoid or the controller? any hidden dangers after the battery is disconnected? You all been a great help...thank you, this is a great community...Jeff
Old 04-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank you Johnnie...When i tackle this job i will disconnect the Positive and Negative terminals but which would you replace first the solenoid or the controller? any hidden dangers after the battery is disconnected? You all been a great help...thank you, this is a great community...Jeff
Preferably, both are ordered and replaced at same time, but other than that, it doesn't matter much.

----------
The capacitors in the old controller will hold a charge for several minutes, so don't let anything touch the B- and B+ terminals for a while after disconnecting it.

The capacitors inn the new controller will be completely discharged, so there will be an arc when last battery cable is connected. The arc can be reduced by holding a resistor lead on the last battery terminal and touching the last battery cable to be connected to the resistor lead on the other side of the resistor for several seconds before placing cable on battery post.

Also, the big studs on the mzj400 solenoid are 3/8" while the cables have 5/16" ring terminals on them. You'll need to replace the ring terminals or drill the hole in the old ones out.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:15 PM   #29
flaco1801
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I dont understand the B positive and the B negative...I saw the connections on the controller and was wondering...Is the one of the B's comming and the other going? i am confused...thanks J...
Old 04-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #30
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It's obvious here:

Not sure I understand you but Pack positive and Pack negative are NOT the same as B + and B - on the controller. While they may be wired up to sometimes be the same electrically, they AIN'T.

Don't get your question of coming and going. Electricity is a loop (except for AC where it's a wiggly loop, unless it's poly-phase, where it's a game of twister, using imaginary math and the sqrt of 3.)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DOC110-036-C_DWG-SR-EZGO-TXT-Wire-Dia.pdf (138.2 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO