lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default No start condition - need advice 91 G8A

I'm working through the sticky trouble shooting guide. I've jumped the "heavy' wire to the battery +, the started turned. I jumped the 2 "little" wires, the starter turned.
Tracing wiring - Got first steps - Start/Stop Switch Unconnected,- ( Key is Off and OUT) testing from POS Battery post - the 12v trouble light will Not lite up on the brown wire, ( but triggers the gas gauge ) but will lite up on the Red wire; voltmeter will show 12 v ( from POS terminal, on both the brown and red wires. None of this Seems Normal testing , again, from the Pos Terminal on the battery.

I'm thinking the Key switch wiring might be flocked up , but I'll take ANY suggestions. Thanks
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: No start condition - need advice 91 G8A

Since you're looking for voltage on that wire, and using a test light (Which I recommend using a meter, not a test light) the ground lead on the test light needs to be on the negative battery terminal. If it's on the positive battery terminal, and you're testing a wire at the pedal switch that should have power, it's not going to light up.

Here is a wiring diagram. http://www.courtesygolfcars.com/_lit...ng_Diagram_G8A

I'd start simple, and check to see if the fuse is blown. Voltage regulators are common to go bad, cause a dead short, and pop the 10A fuse.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:19 PM   #3
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: No start condition - need advice 91 G8A

Well I have no idea why, but it starts! A new battery, but 2 days ago That didnn't matter! Today, still chasing wires, part 3 of Stickey - measure voltage at pos (+) terminal on solenoid, and it kicked over. A few laps up and down the street, starts at the blink of an eye. ONly irritation is, I don't know why, but it's working. Blame it on the new, el cheapo Walmart $50 battery. Thanks for looking and your input.
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha