lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2019, 06:39 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Done! Mostly

Neverending flow of amazon boxes here. I wish it were golf cart stuff, most the time I never have any idea what's coming
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #12
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Neverending flow of amazon boxes here. I wish it were golf cart stuff, most the time I never have any idea what's coming

Ha ha welcome to my life!
LukeL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:27 AM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

You were mentioning amazon packages. Has anyone sent things back this year from that company. The policy has changed and for me not for the good because of the distance I have to drive to ship something back.

I thought I was ordering two 4-ft LED tubes and I made a mistake and it was only one. I filled out the return online and noticed the shipping label was no longer there.

I took a picture of the bar code with my phone and went to the store here in my town that I always use to ship things. He said he could not send this for free because Amazon had changed their policy the 1st of Jan of this year.

It would not have been worth it to ship the LED Tube back and me pay the freight. In the past I could have but not now.

I now would have to drive 50 miles to a UPS store in order to do this with free shipping back to Amazon so I said what the heck, I would just keep it.

The owner of the shipping store ) Going Postal ) told me Amazon changed their return policy because of so many returns and the loss of money to them. He said he had been told it has cut returns 60%.

I may have to sell my amazon stock
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #14
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

They are decent about returns. They will take just about anything back. We usually just wait for UPS to come again and hand it to the driver.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #15
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
You were mentioning amazon packages. Has anyone sent things back this year from that company. The policy has changed and for me not for the good because of the distance I have to drive to ship something back.

I thought I was ordering two 4-ft LED tubes and I made a mistake and it was only one. I filled out the return online and noticed the shipping label was no longer there.

I took a picture of the bar code with my phone and went to the store here in my town that I always use to ship things. He said he could not send this for free because Amazon had changed their policy the 1st of Jan of this year.

It would not have been worth it to ship the LED Tube back and me pay the freight. In the past I could have but not now.

I now would have to drive 50 miles to a UPS store in order to do this with free shipping back to Amazon so I said what the heck, I would just keep it.

The owner of the shipping store ) Going Postal ) told me Amazon changed their return policy because of so many returns and the loss of money to them. He said he had been told it has cut returns 60%.

I may have to sell my amazon stock [emoji106]
I ran into that as well. You really need to look at the return policy especially for smaller value items. It seems like they don't want to pay $12 in round trip shipping for something that only cost $8... WTH!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
They are decent about returns. They will take just about anything back. We usually just wait for UPS to come again and hand it to the driver.
The UPS driver here would not take it. I had the bar code for the return from amazon on my phone but he said he couldn't do it. Until this year I have never had any problems with returns but things have changed here.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:51 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

interesting, I haven't had any issues at all. The QR code thing is stupid, as there are no UPS stores anywhere near me and the local "shipping store" accepts UPS, FEDEX, and USPS but can't do anything with that QR code. When you fill out the return you can click the "more return options" button and get a regular UPS label like always. I usually just schedule for a UPS pickup though, because even the local shipping store is still in town, 20-25 minutes from me. That's another option in the "more shipping return options" they usually come the next business day, you hand them the package, they print out a label and give you a receipt and away they go.

Also if you say it's "defective or does not work properly", they'll take pretty much anything back and don't charge you the shipping fee. In my mind, "defective or does not work properly" is a pretty loose term, depending on what your idea of "working properly" actually is...
Old 10-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #18
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
interesting, I haven't had any issues at all. The QR code thing is stupid, as there are no UPS stores anywhere near me and the local "shipping store" accepts UPS, FEDEX, and USPS but can't do anything with that QR code. When you fill out the return you can click the "more return options" button and get a regular UPS label like always. I usually just schedule for a UPS pickup though, because even the local shipping store is still in town, 20-25 minutes from me. That's another option in the "more shipping return options" they usually come the next business day, you hand them the package, they print out a label and give you a receipt and away they go.

Also if you say it's "defective or does not work properly", they'll take pretty much anything back and don't charge you the shipping fee. In my mind, "defective or does not work properly" is a pretty loose term, depending on what your idea of "working properly" actually is...
Thanks CP, I just called them after I read your post because I had already generated a return code which of course was no good to me.
They now have emailed me a label which I will print and tape on return box then hand to the UPS driver that I see every morning.
The customer support was the number reason I bought stock in this company in 2007. Sold some shares but still own some also . Everyone keep buying from them
Old 10-11-2019, 04:09 PM   #19
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

There’s an option on the website to print a regular shipping label with a return. Not in the app though.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Thanks CP, I just called them after I read your post because I had already generated a return code which of course was no good to me.
They now have emailed me a label which I will print and tape on return box then hand to the UPS driver that I see every morning.
The customer support was the number reason I bought stock in this company in 2007. Sold some shares but still own some also . Everyone keep buying from them
I agree. Their customer support is fantastic. You just have to ask for someone in usa as soon as someone answers the phone but they never have a problem doing it :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO