lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
SixSpeed
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default CLub Car Melted Harness, what happened?

Hey Guys,

Was trying to help out my neighbor with their golf cart (1994 DS Electric, V-Glide non-Resistor). He was driving it and heard a "pop" then the cart stopped. The solenoid wasn't working, I replaced it, and replaced an-inop anti-arc switch. I am 100% sure I had the diode on the right way on the solenoid per the factory service manual. I got it all back together, pushed pedal and heard a pop from the V-Glide (no solenoid click), then all hell broke loose, entire low current wiring harness started smoking. Everything back to the controller, F&R microswitches, V-Glide, to keyswitch etc is cooked.

I have a few questions....

1.) What the heck could have happened?

2.) Can a replacement harness be purchased?

3.) I am worried if I replaced the harness with a new one, the same thing would happen. Could a controller ever cause this?
SixSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: CLub Car Melted Harness, what happened?

Hello Jack, it sounds like polarity was reversed somewhere. I don't believe a controller could fry the activation circuit like that. Yes, a replacement harness can be purchased. I recommend contacting David at Revolution Golf Cars.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/contact
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:44 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And David will walk you thru any needed checks to ensure safe installation.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:18 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeed View Post
I have a few questions....

1.) What the heck could have happened?
Something is undoubtedly hooked up incorrectly and/or there is a frame/chassis ground that shouldn't be there. Electric cars don't have a frame ground.

2.) Can a replacement harness be purchased?
Unfortunately, no. Series drive-harnesses are no longer available. However, it's a very simple circuit that can easily be built rather quickly and easily. I recommend fusing it at the solenoid where the circuit begins this time.

3.) I am worried if I replaced the harness with a new one, the same thing would happen. Could a controller ever cause this?
If you fuse it, it won't happen. A bad controller can not cause this issue on the small control circuit. This is the result of an improper connection or a direct short to a frame ground that shouldn't be there.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car