lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2021, 11:27 AM   #1
raiyni
Not Yet Wild

Default Easiest way to torque clutch on together g1?

Situation: I got my cart back together and running after replacing just about every part. But I don't think I torqued the primary clutch down enough. Dumb dumb me not doing it right when I had the engine apart.

So what's the best way to torque the primary by yourself when the cart is all together? Feeding a rope into the head/exhaust? There is basically no room on the drive shaft to grip with a wrench.
raiyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2021, 12:34 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Easiest way to torque clutch on together g1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiyni View Post
Situation: I got my cart back together and running after replacing just about every part. But I don't think I torqued the primary clutch down enough. Dumb dumb me not doing it right when I had the engine apart.

So what's the best way to torque the primary by yourself when the cart is all together? Feeding a rope into the head/exhaust? There is basically no room on the drive shaft to grip with a wrench.
I use a piston stop tool (top dead center tool)
some rope in the spark plug hole may work
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:25 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Impact works for me. Might have to take the rear shocks off and jack up the rear bumper, that will drop the swingarm down below the frame so you can get your impact in there. Never had a problem using the impact. Just don't over do it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:54 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Or just fit the drive belt and pull together between the clutches with a large cable tie to lock the clutches together. Works for me in most cases.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha