lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
amcjeep
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2PG belt part number

87 2PG has new clutches and rebuilt engine. My current belt is a 10977 and is loose. What belt should I get? A Dayco HP3004 or 2004?
I have stock lift and tires for now---will that matter?
amcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2PG belt part number

The stock belt length is 45 inches. The main wear issue on a belt is the fact that it only grips on the edges and thus becomes narrower over time. This allows it to fall further into the driven clutch at rest giving the impression that it has stretched. It should be 1 3/16ths wide but if you measure it I bet you see it is round about 1 inch instead.

You can replace it with the correct OEM part or you can get a belt that is slightly shorter. The advantage of doing this is that the shorter belt in effect causes the ratio to change at high revs. This gives more torque at lower speeds and better hill climbing ability. The downside it that top speed is reduced. Most guys use a shorter belt to offset the effect of larger tires (which of course gear the final drive up) with standard tires the advantages are probably moot. If you want to experiment the Dayco HP3004 belt comes in at 44 1/8th and would be the belt of choice.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO