lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default workhorse 1200 lx won't run

I have a 2003 workhorse 1200 lx with 350cc engine, removed carb. and cleaned, check float operation and needle. pulled plugs and checked firing, it is firing. took fuel pump apart and iooks good and pumps fuel. compression is 130 in both cyl. i was able to get it running a few times with very slow throttle response and sounds like the engine has a bogging sound. Any help and suggestions, idea's that i haven't tried.... i'm stumped...also adjusted valves to .004.
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: workhorse 1200 lx won't run

Is the fuel fresh?
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

yes, fresh gas. the carb. looks like it's flooding but it looked good on the inside and used compressed air to clean all the passages with the jet from bottom and the one on top removed. changed float in carb. didn't change the needle-maybe i should try that? thanks for your reply. when it does crank up and run there is slow response from the throttle.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a different engine, but encountered a similar problem. If you have used fuel with ethanol in it you might have problems with the fuel lines and/or filter. Ethanol fuel caused my fuel line to deteriorate and collapse. Fragments from the line clogged the filter and even made it into the carb. Check your filter, then make sure the lines are not collapsed. A collapsed line with prevent sufficient fuel from reaching the carb at anything above idle.
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

will replace the lines and filter tomorrow. thanks for the help. checked fuel flow from pump and it's not shooting out like it normally does. took pump apart and all looks good. maybe the fuel line is colapsed. it will run at idle or alittle above but when you press the accelerator pedal further it dies.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGEECHEEGOLFCART View Post
will replace the lines and filter tomorrow. thanks for the help. checked fuel flow from pump and it's not shooting out like it normally does. took pump apart and all looks good. maybe the fuel line is colapsed. it will run at idle or alittle above but when you press the accelerator pedal further it dies.

Check the pickup tube in your tank (be sure the gas line is clamped good to it as well) just to be sure it's not clogged or damaged in any way.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

update: replaced coil with good used one and runs great. It was firing with plugs removed and laying on the exhaust manifold. checked resistance from plug wire to plug wire got 11K ohms, good used one reads OL. may help someone else diagnose their cart.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
kidkarr
Not Yet Wild

sorry, but can you tell me what OL is?
kidkarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #9
beater cart
Gone Wild

OL = over limit
And if the new one reads OL it should not be working.
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #10
kidkarr
Not Yet Wild

My coil had a lil bit of corrosion on one of the needles. I tried gently sanding it off, but I'm not sure what a good one should read. Any help or ideas are welcome. My cart runs smooth at low Rpm but it not very responsive to more throttle. It looks like I could use a new gen belt, would that have anything to do with my problems?
kidkarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO