lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Chattybirds
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What to look for when buying/owning a 2007 EZGO TXT

Hello, I am in hunt for a newer golf cart. A friend of mine know a older gentleman who has a 2007 ezgo txt for sale. I have been looking for a txt or workhorse for a newer cart. I currently have a 1991 ezgo and need something newer.

My questions are:

What should I look for when looking at this cart, any specific areas of concern?

Also, what should I be concerned with after I buy it in maintenance concerns or tips and tricks in clutch modifications. I know a decent amount of knowledge with basics but have never owned a txt and would love to hear everyone's feedback.

Thanks!
Chattybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
M16er
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to look for when buying/owning a 2007 EZGO TXT

From seeing posts here and on my own 01 EZGO, the frames at the front where it curves up tend to be a weak spot and break. Look underneath with a flashlight and if its cracked, it's been rode hard and put up wet to get that way. I didn't think mine was til I pulled front cowl off.

Another would be to make sure the steering is good from right to left full turns. I'm sure lots of other things to look for, but if your buying to fix up, your going to find things to fix or change to suit your tastes anyways.
M16er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Take a look under the cart at the battery frame to make sure it's not rusted to bits (like mine was when I bought it). Make sure the batteries charge up and the voltage between cells do not differ more than 0.1V (if the seller is claiming batteries are good). Plug in the charger to make sure the charger works (my first charger I bought when I go my cart didn't work and I had to bring back to exchange out).Make sure the wheels do not wobble (like mine did and had to change out the bearings). Make sure the brakes work.

I found so many other little problems with my cart during my 48 V conversion that I essentially rebuilt my entire cart. Wish I knew these things ahead of time, but I learned so much in the process and can rebuild this cart from scratch if I had to.
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
Chattybirds
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
Take a look under the cart at the battery frame to make sure it's not rusted to bits (like mine was when I bought it). Make sure the batteries charge up and the voltage between cells do not differ more than 0.1V (if the seller is claiming batteries are good). Plug in the charger to make sure the charger works (my first charger I bought when I go my cart didn't work and I had to bring back to exchange out).Make sure the wheels do not wobble (like mine did and had to change out the bearings). Make sure the brakes work.

I found so many other little problems with my cart during my 48 V conversion that I essentially rebuilt my entire cart. Wish I knew these things ahead of time, but I learned so much in the process and can rebuild this cart from scratch if I had to.
I had a similar expierence with a 1991 gas that I replaced a bunch of parts luckily I got it cheap! Haha
Chattybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #5
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

and I always look at the little nubs on the floormat for wear.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, ezgo, gas, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO