lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
Ol'geezer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Saying hello.

Hi Folks,

I just found this forum and decided to join.

Currently working on an old 89 Ezgo 2 stroker that probably would have been better off being scraped. The motor was still strong, so the decision was made to try and get the rest of it going again. I just have this thing for old machines that still have some life left in them. Also have a 96 Club Car Carryall II.

Ezgo is drivable after replacing the drive clutch. I am having some strange things happen when I put on a new belt. The clutch engages and actually lifts the engine bed up on the front motor mounts. The driven clutch then relaxes and the drive clutch closes further repeating the cycle. The belt that came off the cart was not the correct one, but it will drive reasonable with the old worn belt. No "hunting" between the two drive and driven clutched.

The correct belt for the cart is suppose to be 1.188 X 41 22337G1. What I took off of it was a very worn 1.188X40.750 27077-G2.

The tag on the cart verifies that it is an 89 with the 3pg motor. Does anyone have an idea what may be going on when the new belt is used?

Thanks, Marty
Ol'geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Saying hello.

Hi, welcome. It sounds as if your missing some bolts if the engine is moving around
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
Ol'geezer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The 4 rubber motor mounts are there and the bolts and washers are too. The mounts may be pretty worn, I have not really checked them out very well yet. Running the cart up on jack stands, I can see the motor frame move upwards and back down as the clutches cycle with the new belt. Should the mounts hold the motor frame down tighter than this?

Marty
Ol'geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
Glenn Herlong
Not Yet Wild

If all the bolts and washers are in tight, check that the weld that holds the mount to the fram is not broken or the bracket is not broken. Also check that the frame is not cracked or broken.

If theengine is moving enough for drive clutch to hit the cargo bed and sling the belt off because the two clutches don't line up something has to be broken. Check both engine mounts and whole frame.
Glenn Herlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO