lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
abunk79
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G22 With Torque Kit Reminds Me of a Rhino

Just installed the torque kit and speed spring on my 04 G22. Man what a difference. As soon as you touch the gas it starts moving. Is there anything else you can do that makes this dramatic of a change? I am just using this cart to golf and go to work, so I'm trying to stay with reliability.
abunk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
chopndroptx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: G22 With Torque Kit Reminds Me of a Rhino

I just installed the speed spring in my G22 also, and it snapped my accel. cable on the first run. Grrrrrrrrrrr Now Im trying to get a new one, and figure out how to adjust it to keep it from snapping again. I did have the 10mm cranked down, so now I backed it off some.

Went from about 17mph to 24mph. Nice difference. Im thinking of doing the torque kit when I do my lift.
chopndroptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
abunk79
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I have not had any problems with mine. We have a couple hills at the golf course that I was worried about and I'm a large guy so the torque kit was the answer I was looking for. Gps claims 31 mph with the nut adjusted to about 8-10 threads left.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
chopndroptx
Gone Wild

Club Car

And IMO that spring was a pain to get in place. Then had a hard time getting the shaft back thru the dang bushings. Messed one up, grrrrrr. Im pretty mechanicaly inclined too.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
abunk79
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I didn't do that part. I took it to a mechanic buddy of mine. I just got the cart last week and I wanted him to take a look at it to see if there was anything he noticed that I didn't. I am the head of maintenance at the lumber company I work for so I'm no slouch on the mechanics myself. I was working on the torque kit and he was handling the speed spring it all took about 20 min with 2 know-it-alls. This is my first gas golf cart. I had a Bad Boy Buggy unfortunately for a year.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
chopndroptx
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is my first gas also, guess we both had the same thoughts on carts huh! I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I was going to go low on mine, but might be doing a long travel lift instead now.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
redrocketracer
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: G22 With Torque Kit Reminds Me of a Rhino

You can't go wrong with allSports long travel. I put one on my G22 about a month ago and it rides great. It will take bad rutted out trail at wfo and never checks up.
redrocketracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunk79 View Post
Just installed the torque kit and speed spring on my 04 G22. Man what a difference. As soon as you touch the gas it starts moving. Is there anything else you can do that makes this dramatic of a change? I am just using this cart to golf and go to work, so I'm trying to stay with reliability.

it probably changed the way the trottle cables are aligned

I went with plowmans way & modified the governor that cost nothing

use is clutch & belt nice torque very fast & I can drive at 1 mph if I want
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #9
abunk79
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The only thing about lifting it is that when I golf I like to lean out and pick up my ball instead of getting off. Plus I tend to get stupid once in awhile and a higher center of gravity would be a bad thing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha