lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
1090racer
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation G1 Crankase Sealant

What's the proper or best sealant to use between crankase halves on my G1 engine? After tearing down unit I've found that someone had used silicone rubber at one time which resulted in oil leaks / air leaks and eventual engine failure. (Burned rod bearing at crank pin). If ya got a G1 and you are pullin the choke to make it run ya better check it!! Anyways I have a tube of Permatex anaerobic sealer #51813-however guy boring my cylinder told me about YAMABOND and THREEBOND but there are several different types of these sealants. What should I use?? THANKS!!!
1090racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Crankase Sealant

I use yamabond grey.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

How about Dap?

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
z4lunch
Not Yet Wild

Steve here... I always used yamabond on snowmobile cases
z4lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
1090racer
Not Yet Wild

My local Yamaha dealer asked me what number yamabond I'm looking for--he said there are at least 6 that he knows of. I believe Yamabond # 4 or # 5 may be what I need but was told #4 has been discontinued. Ya'll know the correct part #??
Old 09-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
1090racer
Not Yet Wild

What's Dap? Window sealant??
Old 09-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Racer Sprid is from Tn and dap is every thing from dental paste to antidiarea to him.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
1090racer
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: G1 Crankase Sealant

Hey Ya'll--Made a phone call to the "Big City" of New Orleans to find that dealer there recommended Yamabond #4 for my engine however Yamabond#4 has recently been discontinued by Yamaha. His mechanic on staff (at the time as he stated) said to use Hondabond #4 as it is/was the same sealant as is old Yamabond#4. Any other input?? I'm waiting?? Dap This?? Thanks!!!

Information is your friend-share it to make someone happy!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have used Yamabond #4, Hondabond #4, and Threebond # 1104 all with good results. Permatex has an "ultra grey" engine sealer product that I am trying now. Kawasaki and Suzuki use it too. It all seems to be the same, grey gooey semi-hardening product that can be squeezed very thin ( unlike RTV silicone) and remains flexible ( unlike some anaerobic sealers).
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
I have used Yamabond #4, Hondabond #4, and Threebond # 1104 all with good results. Permatex has an "ultra grey" engine sealer product that I am trying now. Kawasaki and Suzuki use it too. It all seems to be the same, grey gooey semi-hardening product that can be squeezed very thin ( unlike RTV silicone) and remains flexible ( unlike some anaerobic sealers).
Thanks, really good info. I didn't know Yamabond 4 wasn't available anymore?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha