lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
johnnylaw
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Red face G-1 wont turn over

I have a 1984 G-1. It had been running fine. Now I get nothing. When turning the key off I get a click from a relay but nothing else. The back up buzzer does not work. The battery has 12.6 volts. I have checked the fuses, wires & wire connections. Still nothing. I have positive power through the key switch. and I have negative all over the black wires. I tried swapping out a solinoid and still nothing. Is it possible to have a bad relay, cdi or voltage regulator that would cause these problems. Thanks for any solutions or other things to try.
johnnylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
FASTANDSTUPID
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G-1 wont turn over

If it will not physically spin the engine over and you have a fully charged battery then your problem wouldnt be ignition, it would have to be somewhere in the starting circuit.
Bad starter, or solenoid. Bad fuse. Bad connection at the key switch.
There is a sticky in the Yamaha Gas section for wiring diagrams, I would print a copy and start at the key switch and work your way down.
Just remember its always something simple, once you find it.
Good luck
FASTANDSTUPID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
johnnylaw
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Have checked the electrical. It all looks good except when I check the voltage across the solinoid I only get 3.5 volts. Or when switched to forward and step on the gas I only get 3.5 volts across the actuator circuit on the solinoid when the wires are disconnected. The battery is 12.9 v and the circuits all show that. Any ideas? bad black relay?
Thanks
Old 11-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Fastnstupid is on track, print the diagram and start at the front of the start circuit and follow your 12volts until you get to your 3.5volts.
Or,
If you are getting 3.5 at the solenoid then follow the wire back to the next part up the circuit and check it.
Keep going until you find 12v on one side and 3.5 on the other of whatever, that is where your resistance or volt drop is coming from.
Yamaha's have a very strong electrical design and usually you will find a bad connector or wire.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
johnnylaw
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Wow why didn't I think of that. You must be a rocket scientist. I'll try it this weekend

Thanks
John
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha