lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Greatest feat of Engineering

Not sure if it is possibe to take a poll on a forum, so let me just pose a question. Which was a greater feat of engineering....... Putting a man on the moon, or designing an airbox for a G9?

I just got a used airbox off ebay, (I bought a cart that didn't have one) and I cannot belive all the ins outs ups downs twists and turns that the air travels before getting to the carb. Does anyone have a good explaination for this? I think Cedar Point should hire the same engineer to design the next super thrill ride.
ckraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
jak
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Greatest feat of Engineering

I have to agree with you whole heartily.
jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

The "enjunears" wanted the air tired and bruised up by the time it got to the carb by making it hit all those twists and turns, over the hills and through the filter to the carb.

Really, I don't have a clue.........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

The airbox design on a G9 was created by an engineer named Moris Sputner. It was designed to create an air flow staggered matched with the new paper fibers of a new type air filter containing a micro filtering system foam wrap. It was also designed in conjunction with the fuel system to properly deliver fuel to the carb. by creating a precise vacuum that would continually flow through diaphram operated fuel pump used in testing NASA satelites. The float in the carb. was also designed around this and contains the same shape as the plastic insert in the air box. This supplies an extra burst of air/fuel when the throttle was at 3/4 open. The front box type area of the air filter box somewhat wraps around the front portion of the starter/generator and gathers heat at first warm up operation of the cart. Its design also pulls a magnetic field from the starter/generator and forces it into the micro fibers of the foam wrap which helps purify the air/fuel mixture intering the cyclinder right before detonation. A spacer was added within three months of this project design to help limit the back pressure created by the airbox. The airbox and new type filtering system was creating so much power that the carb. and/or muffler was sheering off the steel pins that held them in place. A tin sheild was also added under the seat of the cart to keep engine parts from possibly flying into the rearends of the testers.

If you need to know anything about any other parts or designs on these Yamaha's, be sure to let me know.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
The airbox design on a G9 was created by an engineer named Moris Sputner. It was designed to create an air flow staggered matched with the new paper fibers of a new type air filter containing a micro filtering system foam wrap. It was also designed in conjunction with the fuel system to properly deliver fuel to the carb. by creating a precise vacuum that would continually flow through diaphram operated fuel pump used in testing NASA satelites. The float in the carb. was also designed around this and contains the same shape as the plastic insert in the air box. This supplies an extra burst of air/fuel when the throttle was at 3/4 open. The front box type area of the air filter box somewhat wraps around the front portion of the starter/generator and gathers heat at first warm up operation of the cart. Its design also pulls a magnetic field from the starter/generator and forces it into the micro fibers of the foam wrap which helps purify the air/fuel mixture intering the cyclinder right before detonation. A spacer was added within three months of this project design to help limit the back pressure created by the airbox. The airbox and new type filtering system was creating so much power that the carb. and/or muffler was sheering off the steel pins that held them in place. A tin sheild was also added under the seat of the cart to keep engine parts from possibly flying into the rearends of the testers.

If you need to know anything about any other parts or designs on these Yamaha's, be sure to let me know.

You got to be full of "IT"
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by miferrel View Post
You got to be full of "IT"
You should by now that I am.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Quote:
You should by now that I am.

I feel sorry for the poor smuck that believes all that crap you just dished out. Maybe Boo believes it..
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
I feel sorry for the poor smuck that believes all that crap you just dished out. Maybe Boo believes it..
You can't even begin to imagine what Boo believes. She's also obsessed with me for some reason.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Quote:
You can't even begin to imagine what Boo believes. She's also obsessed with me for some reason.
I can believe that. Your such a....a...Guy.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
I can believe that. Your such a....a...Guy.
LOL!!!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha