lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
mike w
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Help!!!!!!

Ok I have a 1989 yamaha G1. When it is cold it will start and take off great. When i drive it around the block or the house and come to a stop it wont take off again. I have replaced the seals (both) I bought a new fuel pump ( thinking maybe the diaphram may have a pin hole in it. Still had the problem. I bought a new carb, just put it on today. I still have the same problem. Everytime it stops, I pull the plug and lay the sparkplug on the exhaust to check spark and theres always spark. I pulled the plug today after it fired up and drove it up to the garage, the plug was wet. I checked the compression and its around 100. I know motors are fuel spark and compression, but i have to be missing something. I just want to ride it around the the neighborhood and be able to stop and talk to a neighbor without getting stuck. Please HELP!!!!
mike w is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
Pappy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Help!!!!!!

Compression should be higher than 100 lbs,it's 126 lbs on my 79 G1 2 stroke,Maybe after the engine gets warm the compression gets less due to metal expansion.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
jimd
Not Yet Wild

Mine has similar problems. I rebuilt the engine, and it's a little better, but still there. If I let it set for a while it will start up. I had the mounting flange (rubber) split and it would suck in air. This made it stat everytime. Unfortunately, there was no throttle control, so you were off to the races! I just put the new flange back on and it just like it was. So I looked at a parts diagram, and realized I'm missing the vacuum bottle on top of my carb. No line, just a bolt stuck in the nipple on the flange. I think I need some more parts!
JImD
jimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
mike w
Not Yet Wild

I bought a new carb, I dont have the bottle you are talking about. Im going to pull the intake boot and carb off sunday nite and check the reeds. Im just checking everything now and im going to get ready and put new piston and rings in. I saw someone on here had a similiar problem and he said someone told him to check the magneto.How would you check it?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
jessegf
Not Yet Wild

try checking the vent on the gas tank if it does it after running and wont start after it has ran try this next time open the gas tank up and then try restarting it if it does try getting a new gas cap.
jessegf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
jimd
Not Yet Wild

Mine does it with the gas cap off.
jimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
mike w
Not Yet Wild

thank you for the suggestion, ive done that and still wouldnt go. jimd sound like you have the exact same ploblem as me. What all have you done?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha