lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Poformance
Not Yet Wild

Default g9 clutch tool what tread?

any one know the size and pitch of the threads on the primary.i have made several for atvs . i am a machinest so just need size and picth to make my own .it aint what u buy its what u build. know what i mean
Poformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: g9 clutch tool what tread?

I cant remember off the top of my head but its either m12x1.00 or m14x1.00 i do know its a 1.00 thread pitch i believe.

I had to repair a stripped/crossthreaded puller that came brand new like that. I was in a time crunch so insted of waiting 2 weeks for a replacement, i poped it on the lathe and badda bing done. But if your making it, make sure you use good stock metal when you do it.. best bet is to use a large grade 8 bolt, and machine it out of that.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Gold I think your right 1.00 14 I bought one as a maybe tool and loaned it out to a member and he came to my house. NO LEAD it had grooves and they go no where. lost my sales slip and don't know where I bought it

I will buy the right die and fix it and it will be ready to loan.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

This is what mine looked like when i first got it long ago.. Heck it was plated right over the darn threads must of been one of those manufacturing flukes..
Ive heard of occasional issues of people specifcly breaking the yamaha pullers in the clutch, but this ones been good to me every time. Its been wacked with the impact multiple times and still keeps on tickin.. I got my new replacement one in, but i midas well keep on use'in the rethreaded one, shes been workin like a charm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puller.jpg (66.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
Poformance
Not Yet Wild

thanks guys i try the 14m 1 tap on the clutch to make sure before i thread in on lathe.i made all others out of cold roll that way it will strip out before the threads in clucth do.cold roll is cheap compared to a clucth.could one of u measur the distance between end of shaft and where threads start.
Poformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

14 cm to begining of thead.. overall puller length is 19cm.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha