lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #11
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: U-Max G28A is slow and variable

SB in first pic looks like the clip is there.

I think you can look at g-22a part breakdown also should all be the same.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #12
wwalkersd
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig tn View Post
SB in first pic looks like the clip is there.

I think you can look at g-22a part breakdown also should all be the same.
Hmm, maybe it is a browser issue. When I tried the G22 and others, I noticed a horizontal scroll bar in the left window (which I assume would hold the assembly list). When I scrolled it over, it had an "internal server error" message. Is it an IE-only site? I've tried Safari and Firefox on my Mac.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #13
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwalkersd View Post
Hmm, maybe it is a browser issue. When I tried the G22 and others, I noticed a horizontal scroll bar in the left window (which I assume would hold the assembly list). When I scrolled it over, it had an "internal server error" message. Is it an IE-only site? I've tried Safari and Firefox on my Mac.
Incase you never found it

http://www.yamahagolfcarsofca.com/ya...y/G28AZ_04.pdf
turboaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #14
cart de golf
Gone Wild

dont touch the trottle cable it is loose on purpuse

if you play with it it willl start to back fire

it seems like you have a cloged fuel filter or fuel pump
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hey guys look at clutch in the top view pic, are the wear buttons gone? Is this a clutch issue with the dif between F and R?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

belt is a little low in the driven too
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #17
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Hey guys look at clutch in the top view pic, are the wear buttons gone? Is this a clutch issue with the dif between F and R?
The buttons do look awfully worn.

Might be worth a try. It could be hanging up and not shifting some of the time, or sticking open which would cause a lack of climbing power.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
wwalkersd
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboaz2 View Post
The buttons do look awfully worn.

Might be worth a try. It could be hanging up and not shifting some of the time, or sticking open which would cause a lack of climbing power.
I don't think I understand where you guys are looking (nothing in the parts diagram is labeled "clutch"), but if the clutch were sticking open wouldn't the engine still rev up to normal speed, i.e., it'd be like a car with a slipping clutch? That's not happening. The engine's not revving up all the way, even on level ground (but again, only in forward gear).

Thanks again for your help.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #19
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwalkersd View Post
I don't think I understand where you guys are looking (nothing in the parts diagram is labeled "clutch"), but if the clutch were sticking open wouldn't the engine still rev up to normal speed, i.e., it'd be like a car with a slipping clutch? That's not happening. The engine's not revving up all the way, even on level ground (but again, only in forward gear).

Thanks again for your help.
Not necessarily could overload the engine so it was unable to pull it up.

See if it can operate the clutch with the rear wheels off the ground.

Put the rear axle on jack stands, then lift up the bed and lock it in place, then stop on the gas and watch the clutches.

Watch the front and rear clutches and make sure it goes to the top of the front and the bottom of the rear.

Either of them not moving up and down through their travel freely can cause this problem.

If all that appears to work well, or the engine is still not reaching a good rpm with the wheels off the ground you can adjust the throttle cable at the pedal to take up some slack.

It is best to do this with 2 people so one can watch the clutches and the cables while another operates the pedal.

Clutches are under primary sheave and secondary sheave in the book. Make sure you have greased both. Just one pump with a grease gun is enough.

If it operates in a very dusty environment as you say, both clutches could probably do with a and thorough cleaning and re-lube. You can remove the gold cover from the Primary(front) and spray it out with brake parts cleaner then re-lube. Same for the rear. Just spray off any old dirt and grease then re-lube.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #20
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I WANT TO JUMP IN , BE VERY CAREFUL DO NOT STAND IN LINE WITH THE CLUTCHES WHEN REVING THE ENGINE.. I know carts don't rev as high as sleds but I have seen people hurt when clutches explode.

The CLUTCHES are the CVT (continuously variable transmission) the sheave are a part of them. The common name got stuck to them because the primary does engage and disengage acting as a clutch.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g28a, slow speed, u-max, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha